A Promise

Character of the chapter: Ivy!

Previously on Vampire Star Academy:

Akasha put down the bottles and walked beside Bella. "That was my sister and her family... I was forced to leave after I fell in love with a person who she didn't agree with... She disowned me... But... If I didn't leave she would've killed me and Shuzo as well... I found that photo when her house burned down almost eight years ago... Her husband was dead but she had disappeared... We just assumed that she was dead too... That photo was all that was left in the rubble... Their children were missing, and we had no idea what happened to them... But... I'm certain they are still alive..."

Bella stared at the photo. It seemed familiar to her. However, her memory was too foggy.

She could not remember anything...

CHAPTER 5
"After I left the clan, I married Shuzo in secret..." explained Akasha. "Soon after that, Vanessa was born. She was a special child. My husband and I always protected her... When we found out that kids were teasing her during her last year of primary school, we homeschooled her in fear of humans finding out the truth about her. That is why..." She held up an envelope and handed it to Bella. "Bella, if anything happens to Shuzo or me, I want you to give that envelope to Vanessa."
Bella stared at the envelope.
"Okay..."
"Thank you," said Akasha. "Please look after our daughter, always..."

When the next nightfall came, Vanessa and her friends prompted to leave the house.
"Bye, mom! Bye dad!" said Vanessa as waved to her parents.
"Thank you for giving us shelter for the day!" said Helena to Akasha and Shuzo.
"Are you sure you don't want to stay here, Vanessa?" asked Shuzo.
Vanessa replied, "Yes... I'm sure... But don't worry, I'll make sure to come back for winter break..."
"Okay, have a great time," replied Akasha.
Shuzo asked the group, "Will the school allow you all to go back at this time?"
"They do allow the students to stay in school during the breaks but they encourage us to go home to our clans," explained Bella, who became nervous. "I don't have a real home anymore... VSA is my home..."
"Okay," said Shuzo as he and his wife waved "goodbye".
"Bye!" they both said.
"Bye!"
"See ya!"
"Sayonara!" The girls were saying as they walked out the door.
"Bye-nee!"

As the girls walked away from the house, Bella was dazzled by how close Vanessa and her parents were.
"Wow, Vanessa!" she said. "You seem to have a good relationship with your parents. Most vampire parents seldom bat an eye on their children."
"Yeah!" replied Vanessa. "Our relationship is positive and we've never had a single fight..."

The girls were relieved that they were able to stay safe from the public for a day.

But little did they know... Upon leaving the house... There was a group of vampire slayers watching them from the distance...

When the girls arrived and re-entered Vampire Star Academy, a happy Helena ran around the corridor.
"I'm glad we're back here!" she said.
After moments of admiring the school, Kathrine asked, "Um, what are we gonna do now? I don't want to spend the rest of summer cooped up in the dorms."

The girls discussed with almost no good ideas.
"Let's spend the night at the pool!" said a few students to each other walking past them.
"The pool!" said Kathrine. "That's a great idea!"

The group headed to the school's swimming pool and changed into their swimsuits. Vanessa wore a white and mint green one-piece swimsuit, Bella wore a blue and black bikini, Helena put on a pink one-piece swimsuit, Kathrine put on a black and dark red bikini, and Ivy wore a black and white bikini.

Everyone spent the rest of the night swimming, splashing, and having fun in the swimming pool...

At sunrise, Vanessa and her friends changed back into their clothes. They went back inside the building to avoid the rising sun. While they were busy talking about how much fun they had in the pool, Vanessa's phone rang.

She took her phone out of her pocket and was a bit surprised to see who it was...

It was Shuzo! Vanessa had a bad feeling about this phone call, as she would not expect her parents to call just hours after seeing her. But, she knew she had to answer it.
"Sorry, my dad is calling! I'll be right back," she said as walked a few feet away from the group and held her phone up to her ear.
"Hello...?"
"Vanessa!" said Shuzo upon hearing his daughter's voice in the call.
"Dad?" What's going on?" asked Vanessa.
"Did you and your friends get to the school?" asked Shuzo, sounding almost frantic. "Are you safe?"
"Yes, we did," replied Vanessa. "We were at the pool just a bit ago. Is everything alright, dad?"
Shuzo began to speak, "Listen, I've got bad news!... After you and your friends left our house, there were these vampire slayers who barged in!"
Vanessa gasped. "Vampire slayers?!" she exclaimed, which Bella was alerted by those two words.
"Oh no..." she whispered.
"What are you talking about? What happened?" said Vanessa.
"They rushed in and attacked your mother and me," explained Shuzo. "I'm being held prisoner at The Shadow Quarters. They will question me, but they might execute me..."
"What?!" gasped Vanessa, with her eyes welling up with tears. "Why would they do that? Y-You're human, r-right?!"
"Please listen, Vanessa..." said Shuzo. "I am human, but your mother is a vampire. I was arrested because it's illegal to marry a vampire."
"What?..." said Vanessa shocked. "I've been a vampire this whole time?... But... What happened to mom?"

"Vanessa..." Shuzo paused. "Your mother is dead..."

END OF CHAPTER 5

OMG NOOOOO!!! Vampire slayers killed Vanessa's mother! :(

Sorry for the unfortunate chapter ending, but I guess this is what you would expect in a vampire story...

Well anyway, a new character will be introduced in the next chapter! And this time it's gonna be a boy! Who knows? Maybe he's Vanessa's soul mate. I guess we'll just have to find out!

Time for the questions:

"What is going to happen to Vanessa now that her mom is gone?"

"What will happen to her father?"

"Will Vanessa finally realize the truth about herself?"

Find out next time!

I will update soon.

Sayonara!

Words: 1090

This story WILL be continued...