Prologue

All her life, Vanessa had lived a peaceful life with her mother and father in the city of Shistin. Growing up in the predominantly human community of Aynor town, she had never gone anywhere past the outskirts of the city.

Primary school was not always easy for Vanessa. During 6th grade, she endured harassment from her classmates and false rumors about her were spread around the school. Born with glossy purple eyes and red hair, Vanessa's classmates became suspicious that she was a vampire, the hated outcasts of the Vunjox nation. To them, vampires are savage creatures believed to exist for one purpose: To attack humans solely for their blood and nothing else.

"I'm not a vampire! I'm human!" This was a phrase that Vanessa repeated to her ignorant classmates.

Despite the teasing, she knew that she was different from everyone all around her; however, she did not know what it was that made her different. Before the bullying could get any worse, Vanessa was taken out of school and studied junior high education in the sanctuary of her home.

Once she turned 15 years old, Vanessa's parents decided to send her back to school but in a completely different environment. Perhaps she will discover the truth about her life...

Words: 220

I hope you enjoy reading Vampire Star Academy!