Chapter III

KODA'S POV

I watched as my pack attacked the Blue Forest. They were a powerful pack and had a lot of land and I couldn't have that going on. I got information that Blue Forest pack was join forces with The Smiths pack. The alpha's daughter is mates with the alpha's son. So clearly, I couldn't let the happen. I need more territories under my control.

"Signal for attack?" My beta asked through the mind link. We stood at the forest lines watching the wolves surrounding the pack house.

"Yeah I wa-" I was quite off by a strange smell. It smelled so lovely, like vanilla and maybe flowers mixed in. It was such a sweet scent I have never smelled before. It took my mind off to somewhere unknown. I was in my Lycan form, so I stood tall at almost 7 feet. My eyes darted around for the source of the wonderful smell. I needed to know where it was coming from. My eyes stopped at the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There in the night stood a small fragile girl, with big dark blue eyes staring at me. Her light blond hair flowing in the wind, her dress torn up from the rose thorns. She noticed that I spotted her, the look of pure fear flashed through her. I don't know why but it pained my heart to see her run from me.

What the hell was I thinking. I'm Koda Wolf the most powerful alpha and Lycan in the world. Who does that girl think she is? I let out a growl as my animal side tried to take over.

"Alpha?" My beta asked snapping me back to reality. A reality that I didn't want to deal with at this very moment in time.

"What?" I growled with a little too much angry then what was necessary.

"They have surrendered." He told me. I looked over to see their alpha who stood surrounded by my wolves. That was pretty fast. I knew they weren't violent pack.

"Have everyone in the meeting room." I ordered before I let out a loud furious howl. I dashed to the garden following after the sweet scent. My beta probably stood there confused as to why I have run off without telling him more. But I had to get to the addicting scent. It was almost like I was hypnotized by it. The scent got stronger and stronger. I stopped to see the girl on the ground breathing heavily. She held on to her heart trying to get her breathing normally. She looked so weak. On the floor barely breathing, heart beating a mile a second, cuts up her arms from the thrones she ran through, and the small shaking figure.

I let out a growl wanting her to look at me. Her big blue eyes landed on me; fear shown on her face. Water glossed over her big eyes making them look like glass. I stepped closer to her, but she cowered away from me which just made my anger grow stronger than it already was from her running away from me.

"What do you want?" she whispered out looking down at the ground. Her voice sent shivers through me. Wait what the hell is wrong with me. Her sweet smell, her voice, it was everything about her.

Mate

She is my mate. I'm a Lycan a cold hearted, blood thirsty Lycan. I just turned twenty six and I thought I wouldn't have a mate, no one thought I would. There are stories, myths saying I'm more beast then mad and that the moon goddess took away my heart and with my heart the most important thing to a wolf.... their mate. I gave up on a mate the second I become an Alpha. Taking over a pack at the age of sixteen wasn't the easiest thing. My blood is pure Lycan alpha blood. I was the strongest alpha out there with the strongest pack. I don't need a mate. Mates make you weak. I didn't need this stupid little girl.

I leaned down grabbing the girl around her waist. She let out a scream as she wiggled in my hold. I growled making her freeze in my arms. I threw her over my shoulder letting her hang there. I felt her small hands clenching at my fur. I walked through the garden, moving the branches so that the thrones didn't scratch at her precious pale skin. As I walked out the garden, I let my body changed back into my human form. Still balancing the girl over my shoulder, I slipped on some pants before I walked into the pack house that my pack has overthrown. My pack members were all looking at me like I was crazy as I carried in the girl on my shoulder. I handed her over to my beta, mind link him to keep her in his hold no matter what. He didn't ask questions; he just did what he was told. Though I could see in his eyes that he was dying to know why. I walked to the meeting area to see my pack along with the other pack.

"Why did you attack Alpha Wolfe?" Their alpha asked looking at me. He seemed worried but not about me, about his pack members. He was getting pretty old, even the wolf genes couldn't hide that. Most alphas gave up their title at around 50.

"I don't like the fact that two packs are joining." I told him. I glanced around the room seeing his pack frightened. Good. I love how people looked at me with fear. With fear came great power. Being feared is better than being loved. No one will undermine you.

"I am sorry, but I can't control fate of the moon goddess." The Alpha of the Blue forest pack said with some smugness in his voice.

"I will leave under two conditions." I told him trying to make this fast. I didn't want to stay here for much longer.

"What are they?" he asked standing up straight. He was probably assuming the worst at the moment. My pack overthrown many other packs.

"First, I want your land, no I'm not taking from you but me and my pack member can come and go through it anytime without a problem." I spoke. The more land a pack has the more power. I was going to take all their land not caring where the pack moved to, but I changed my mind.

"Fine and the second?" the Alpha asked. He agreed knowing that there was not much he can do. He knew that if he would disagree, I would just take the land without his permission. Usually, I would demand for much more so he should consider himself lucky.

"I'll be taking my mate back with me." I commanded to the other alpha. I didn't know who the girl was to him, probably another pack member but I wasn't going to leave without her. Even though I don't need a mate I won't leave her here, my wolf side wouldn't let me even if I tried. My Lycan side was begging to be closer to her to touch her but I won't. I'm not going to get close to her.

Mates make you weak and I am not going to be weak. The second another alpha thinks I'm weak they are going to try and overthrow my pack. I heard everyone in the room gasp when I mentioned my mate. They really did think it was impossible for me to have a mate. Hell, I thought I wouldn't have one. All the bad things I've done in my life, I would think the destiny of life would have taken my mate away from me.

As the alpha was about to ask questions, I motioned for my beta to come forward. I took the small female from his arms back to mine. Her dark blue eyes looked at me head to toe. It was the first time she had seen me as human; she probably wasn't pleased. I stood tall at 6'5, muscles like every werewolf. My blood was pure Lycan, so I had dark hair and eyes. My body was marked up in hundreds of scars from fights and wars. Yes, we Lycan heal fast but that doesn't make the scar disappear. I felt slightly uneasy thinking of how my mate looked at my scars. How she looked over all of me. Under her gaze I felt exposed, like I never felt before.

"No" He whispered as he looked at the girl with big eyes. He had some relation to this girl. You could easily tell from how his eyes filled with concern for her.

"No? I am the greatest and strongest alpha. I am a Lycan. I will not give up my mate just because some alpha is trying to deny her from me." I growled at that stupid alpha. I can rip him to pieces within seconds and he still had the nerve to say no. But I held back not wanting to show my beast side to my mate.

"But she's just a human." someone called out, probably the beta. My eyes widen as I heard those words, just a human. My eyes snap over to my mate who was standing at my side looking so fragile. Of course, she's a human. Out of every creature in this world my mate is a weak human. How didn't I notice before that she was human. From her light hair, and to her short frame. She can't be taller than 5'5. Plus, the deep scratches from the thrones weren't healing up at all, there was blood dried up on her arms and dress. It was almost like a sick joke to the moon goddess. She gave me a simple human as a mate while I was by far the strongest beast on earth.

"I will be taking her back with me tonight." I commanded. Everyone looked so shock, did they think I would reject her because she was human? Probably. I don't even fully understand why I haven't rejected her yet. Maybe I should just kill her and get all this over with.

"Send people to pack her things. We leave in half an hour." I told the alpha. He nodded his head singling a woman that had tears in her eyes. She looked a lot like my mate, probably her mother. I grabbed a hold of my mates' wrist and pulled her along with me. She stumbled a little but put up no protest to me pulling her along.