Chapter VII

"Let me go! I'm just a weak human!" I yelled pounding against him. Koda didn't even flinch from any impact of my small fists against his chest. He just sat on his bed holding me against his chest.

"I don't care if you're human or not." He said in a calmer tone. He was trying to calm me down, but it wasn't working. He hurt me. I'm always the weak human that no one wanted. That's all I ever was.

"I don't want to make you weak or whatever, just let me go home." I finally gave up leaning against his chest. I had no more energy to put up a protest against him.

"I don't care, and you are home." He mumbled holding me tighter. I still didn't under how he did such a 180. First, he didn't even look at me for the first week I was here. I was like a ghost living under his roof that hardly existed. Now it was like he was almost trying.

"Yes, you do." I mumbled back into his chest.

"Yes, you make me weak, so weak but by my side you won't be weak, you won't be in danger. And even if having a mate makes me weak, I'm still the strongest alpha and creature out there." He whispered placing a kiss on my shoulder. That one little kiss sent explosion through my whole body. From the spot on my shoulder that he kissed all the way down to my toes.

"What are you talking about." I asked letting out a little hiccup from the crying.

"I'm saying that I'm trying, I'm trying to be a good mate. I don't really know about any of this. Hell, I don't even know how to express feeling other than angry. You'll just have to help me, so just please give this a chance." He said making me look at him.

"I guess I can help and stop making it harder for you." I said as I let my arms wound around him. I was too tired for anything else, I just wanted to sleep. He tensed up slightly when I wrapped my arms around him, like he didn't expect it. He loosened up within a few seconds.

"You're tired." He whispered pushing my hair back. I just nodded against his chest. He stood up carrying me over to his bed. His room was amazing. He had a huge king sized bed in the middle, the walls were dark with one being stone and a fireplace. There were two doors probably to the bathroom and one to a walk-in closet that could honestly be another room. There were a bunch of bookshelves filled with books. Also, a huge tv with a ps4 and a bunch of games.

I don't know why I expect something else. He was just a regular guy. The rumors of him and his pack really made him out to be some wild beast.

Koda gently placed me down in the black silk sheets before covering me with a huge soft blanket. He started to walk away from the bed, but I grabbed on to his arms.

"Where are you going?" I asked looking at him with big eyes. I didn't want to be alone, I needed to be with him.

"To my office." He said as he turned around to look at me.

"Why?" I asked sitting up still not letting go of his arm.

"You're tried go to sleep. I have some work to get to." he mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck. It sounded like an excuse rather than the real reason.

"No. Stay here... with me." I said as I pulled him back towards the back. I wasn't sure if I was pushing him too much, but I needed this. I needed to be here with him. I wanted to feel some sort of affection from him.

"I- Uh...but..." He stumbled over his words as he looked down at me. He didn't know how to go about this situation. He has been in countless amounts of wars and battles with perfectly strategized plans but when it came to his mate, his mind went blank.

"Koda" I said sternly which he just smiled and walked back to the bed. He slowly crawled into the bed on the other side of me. He seemed so distant, but I guess this was different for him. I wasn't going to push him...too much. I turned around to see him lying there on his back, he was so tense. I moved closer to him to see how far I could push him.

"Why are you moving closer?" He asked still looking up at the ceiling. His jaw seemed to clench as his brows dipped.

"I'm not." I said moving slightly closer to him.

"Don't." He said shutting his eyes.

"Why?" I asked him slightly upset that he didn't want me to be near him while I craved to be by him, I craved his touch.

"Because my Lycan side is crawling to mark you and I can't do that now. I don't want to hurt you." he whispered turning to his side away from me.

"Don't worry, you won't hurt me, even your Lycan side won't be able to hurt me... I'm your mate." I whispered to him as I moved closer to Koda. I slowly wrapped my arm around his muscular torso and pressed myself against his back. He tensed up under my touch. I tightened my arms around him and cuddling into his back. I felt him loosen up before leaning back. I smiled, maybe this would work. Maybe we really are supposed to be mates. He slowly moved so that he was laying on his back and I was cuddling into his chest. He slowly messed with my fingers avoiding the burnt parts.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked him. He didn't even seem to be tried.

"How can I sleep when you aren't?" He asked trying to avoid the question.

"Okay the real reason?" I asked again knowing fully well he hid something from me. He was really good at bouncing questions to avoid dealing with answering any questions.

"I have insomnia." He told me with a sigh. Koda no one ever talked about his sleeping troubles with anyone. He honestly, he didn't know why he was saying anything, but he felt like he had to.

"Why?" I asked trying to learn more about my mate.

"I'm not quite sure, ever since I was young, I had trouble falling asleep." he said his mind drifted back to the days when he was a child. The nights where he just laid in his bed, in complete darkness with no peace. The nights tortured him.

"Oh" I mumbled as I traced random patterns into his chest.

"Now you go to sleep." he told me, and I just nodded against his chest. I closed my eyes still tracing his abs. After about ten minutes I heard a slight snore coming from Koda. I sat up and looked down at the man. His hair messy and the bags under his eyes were pretty bad. I wonder why I haven't noticed them before. It was probably because everything about him seemed perfect to me.

I smiled as I looked at him. He looked younger when he slept. I snuggled back into his chest holding him closer to me. Soon I ended up falling asleep next to my mate. It was great to be in my mate's arms.

I woke up to a somewhat loud snore. I opened my eyes to see Koda basically on top of me. His arms swung across me holding me closely under himself. His head rested on my chest, his face in my neck with his breath tickling me. I smiled when I looked over at him and his bags were somewhat gone. I slowly traced the scar on his face. His nose scrunched up and leaned closer to my hand. His mouth opened exposing his slightly pointed canine, slightly traced my skin. I guess his Lycan side had more in control when he slept. His eyes opened, he seemed confused for a moment and then shot up. He looked around his room and then back down at me.

"I've never slept for so long" He stated as he looked down at me with a small smile on his face. I smiled up at him. Maybe this won't be so bad.