Chapter V

I woke up early in the morning. The sun hasn't even risen yet. I got out of the bed and walked towards the window. I wish there was a balcony so I could go outside. I wanted to feel the cool morning air. I sighed stepping away from the window. I walked to my mirror to see my hair messy, no makeup and some scratches on my arms from last night. A loud grumble from my stomach interrupted my thoughts.

I slowly walked out the room to the huge cabin like house. I wonder if this is the pack house. Some alphas lived in the pack house, but some had their own house a bit away from the pack house. I crept down the hall, it was beautiful. High ceilings, hardwood floors and amazing painted pictures that hung on the walls. I finally found the stairs to get downstairs, from there it wasn't really hard to find the kitchen. It was an incredible kitchen. Black marble and dark cherry wood. I looked through the cabinets in hope of finding something. I smiled when I found a cabin stocked with all different types of tea. I picked out a mint green tea and started to boil some water. I grabbed the teapot, holding it tightly as I poured to boiling water into a cup.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice asked scaring the life out of me. I jumped dropping the heavy teapot from my hands. The water poured out of it as I tried to catch it. The burning water splashed against my skin as I dropped the burning metal pot to the floor.

"Oh god" I mumbled as my skin blistered from the hot water. I looked over to see Koda walking closer. He probably pissed right now, I broke caused a scene and a mess. I jumped off the stool and bent down to the ground trying to clean up before he got mad.

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled as I rushed to clean up the mess. My skin still throbbing from the burns.

"Stop" he commanded as he stood in front of me. But I didn't listen, I kept picking up the broken pieces. He probably wasn't used to not having his alpha tone working on someone. A sharp piece glided against my fingers. I dropped the piece as blood gushed out the deep yet small wound. It was such a small cut, but the blood would not stop leaking from it.

"I told you to stop." He mumbled bending down in front of me. He grabbed my hand. He seemed to try and be gentle even though his hands seemed huge and calloused compared to mine.

"I'm sorry" I whispered looking down. He mumbled some words under his breath before he stood up picking me up with him. I didn't expect it at all because I gasped at the sudden gesture. He placed me down on the counter before walking out the kitchen. God what's wrong with me. I didn't want him to hate me more than he probably already does. He soon came back in with a first aid box. He grabbed my hand and rubbed alcohol on the cut. I bite my lip trying to hold back the whine, but I didn't help. It hurt like hell. Koda looked up at me for a seconds before he grabbed a cream and running it over my burns. Soon he wrapped my cut and my burns. I didn't think they were that bad, but I guess they are.

"The burns will probably leave some marks." He said as he walked away from me. He bent down picking up all the broken pieces. It took him 5 minutes to clean it up, it was like nothing has happened.

"Sorry" I mumbled again looking at my feet that dangled as I sat on the counter.

"You apologize too much." he said as he walked towards me. I chewed on my lip; it was a nervous twitch of mine.

"Sor-" But I stopped myself in mid-sentence knowing he just told me I did apologize too much.

"Your things have been moved into the room across from mine." he told me. I was a bit shocked at first. The room across from his, not his room. He really didn't want me here. I was just some nuisance in his life.

"Okay thank you." I said slowly getting off the island before making my way out the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" he asked me as he slowly followed me as if he was still unsure of his own action.

"To shower and get dressed" I told him as I looked down at the large shirt that hung on my body.

"Okay" Was all he said before he walked off. He went upstairs to the first door, the French doors which I'm assuming is his office. I slowly made my way to the room across from his. I took a long cold shower. It was the perfect time to think over everything. Doesn't he want to be close to me, to spend time with me? Maybe it's different for Lycans. I got out the shower wrapping the towel around my tightly. On the bed laid a beautiful white long dress summer dress. On the dress laid a note card. I picked it up to see black ink scribbled on it.

Get ready. We are going to the pack house.

It was most likely to be from Koda. I quickly got dressed, the white laced dress fit all my curves perfectly. I saw another box of the dresser with a bow on top. Opening it I found a pair of sandles. I guess he's trying to be a good mate, but I didn't want any of this. Well, I don't mind the dress or shoes, they were nice, but I would rather be with him. I slipped on the heels that made me a good five inches taller.

Soon there was a knock on the door. I smiled as I saw Koda standing there looking so delicious. He had some khaki slacks on with a button up black shirt. His hair was styled, and sleeves rolled up exposing some scars and a black tattoo that was on his arm.

"How do you like your things?" he asked looking down at me. His dark eyes seemed hesitant as they slowly scanned me.

"I like them thank you." I whispered stepping closer to him. He was still a bunch taller than me even if I was in heels.

"Let's go." he said as he turned and walked out leaving me standing there. I huffed as I followed him out the room and out the house. We got into his SUV and then he drove off to the pack house. We stopped at a huge stone mansion with a beautiful garden. I smiled when Koda opened the door for me. I expected him to hold my hand, but he didn't. Then I remember what Logan told me about how he never had experienced any kind of love not even from his family. If you want something to happen take the first step. I walked slightly closer to him allowing my hand to brush against him. I smiled when he didn't step aside. We walked into a huge ballroom type room with a stage in the front. There are so many people.

"Wow" I whispered looking around the filled room.

"Their only some of the pack." he said not looking down at me.

"How big is your pack?" I asked him as I looked up at him with big eyes.

"Probably over 10,000 pack members" He told me. Packs are measured by the amount of territory then the number of warriors and other. Others are just the other pack members like the families of warriors and what not.

"Seriously?" I asked with wide eyes. My old pack didn't even have a total of 100 warriors.

"I would like you all to meet my mate, my Luna Navy Winchester." Koda said with his alpha voice. He stood next to me, ridge as the distance between us was small. It was like as if I were acid that he didn't want to touch. The pack looked at us with huge smiles. I guess they didn't mind that I was human. From the stories and rumors I've heard about his pack everyone would say they were deadly beast. But they seemed like any other pack.

"Dance with me" Logan said before pulling me away from Koda. I looked back to see him glaring at his beta. He pulled us to the dance floor where people mingled together to the rhythm of the blasting music.

"How are you liking it here?" he asked me to smile. It was weird, they seemed like a normal pack, not the fear ruthless pack that everyone made them seem to be.

"It's fine" I said smiling back at him. It was fine, but it didn't seem like home. It didn't feel like home. We danced for a bit, probably just a song before I felt a strong presence behind me.

"I would like to have my mate back" I heard Kodas deep voice say behind me. It sent shivers down my spine. It was weird how only the tone of his voice could already stir up desiring in me. I thought I wasn't supposed to feel the mate bond. It shouldn't be effecting me like this.