Chapter IV

After I got about ten minutes, I said bye to the pack and my family. Never in a million years did I expect this. I'm his mate. I couldn't even process this. He hasn't done anything a normal mate would do after finding their mate. Alphas never let their mates out of their sight for the first month after finding them. It was something to do with Alphas being possessive or something along those lines. It feels like I'm just a bother, like he doesn't want me. I didn't even get time to change before I was forced into a SUV with a guy from before. If he doesn't even want me then why is he taking me back to his pack. It makes no sense.

"I'm Logan, the beta" he said giving me a smile. I nodded looking back at my hands. He seemed like a nice person and all, but I didn't really want this any of this. I wasn't supposed to have a mate. I just wanted to settle for the normal human life like I was supposed to.

"What's your name?" He pressed on. I ignored him as I looked out the window to see forest moving by. My eyes felt heavy as I tried to hold back the pool of tears that were threatening to spill.

"You're very beautiful. I never expected Koda to have a mate like you, or even a mate in the first place." Logan kept rambling on. Koda Wolfe the scariest and most powerful creature in the world and now my mate. There go my dreams of having someone to care and love me. When I finally accepted that fact, I would mostly likely live a normal human life it all gets thrown into shambles.

"Why are you taking me from my home?" I asked finally looking at the coffee brown haired man who was sitting next to me. His hazel eyes sparked when he heard me speak.

"You are the alpha's mate." He stated giving me a small smile. But I couldn't find it in myself to actually smile back at him.

"He doesn't even want me as his mate, I'm just some human." I mumbled leaning back. I didn't understand any of this.

"What Lycan wouldn't want their mate? He may seem cold and heartless, but he cares so much about you." he said. He talked about his alpha with so much adoration.

"If he cared he would be here with me and not you" I mumbled. I didn't want to sound like some whiny little girl, but I wanted to be near him. Why didn't he want to be near me? Probably because I was some weak human girl. He probably wanted some powerful beautiful mate but instead he got me. He is the most powerful alpha there is he needs a mate equal to him. I don't even understand how this could happen. It was like destiny seemed to be out to get me.

"He's new to this. Give him time. He doesn't know anything about mates or love. His parents weren't mates, his dad killed his mom when he was just a toddler. He never had anything good in his life. Just be there for him, show him what love is. He's not that bad of a guy." Logan explained to me. My mate was someone who doesn't know love. If he doesn't then why am I even here. How am I supposed to show him what love is if I hardly know what it is myself?

"You might want to sleep; it will be a while till we get back to the main territory." The beta said as he leaned back against the seat with his arms crossed.

Hours later I felt someone picking me up. Almost like a reflex, I wrapped myself around them. My arms going around their neck and my legs wrapped tightly around their torso. I sighed as I snuggled into the warm neck. They smelled like pine and mint. I heard a grumble as arms wrapped around me holding me up. I don't know why but I felt warm, I felt safe in his arms.

They walked for a little before I knew it, I was being laid down on the most comfortable bed I have felt. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mate standing above me looking down at me. My eyes widen, I jump up and crawled away from him to the edge of the bed. A look a pain flashed through him before he blocked his face with an emotionless wall. I scanned him again. I could see his perfectly built body, agh he was so tall. His messy dark hair and dark eyes to match. I would be lying to say I wasn't attracted to him. He was a Greek god. My eyes focused on a light color scar that ran from his hairline across his right cheek bone strolling an inch away from the nose. He has so many scars it pained my heart. What has he been through to get all of them? As he sensed me looking, he stepped back letting him fall into the darkness of the room.

"What is your name?" His deep voice asked me. It sent a shiver down my body hearing it. It was deep, like velvet in a sense. Smooth and yet rugged with every syllable he spoke.

"Navy" I whispered looking down at my torn-up dress. It was all dirty and some dried blood staining for good. I felt my face heating up as I figured that I probably looked like a messy. First time he sees me I look like a runaway stray cat. My makeup probably was a mess, my hair a bird nest.

"Like your eyes." he said more to himself then to me. Without another word he tosses me a shirt and pointed to a door. I was about to asked him what he meant but he was already out the room.

He was so cold towards me. I was his mate. Wasn't he supposed to be dying to mate me by now? Alpha don't last a day without claiming what's theirs. He doesn't want me that why. I was a stupid weak human. I just sighed and walked to the door where he had pointed over to. Walking in, I noticed a bathroom. I smiled as I stripped my gross ripped up dirtied dress. I really was in need of a shower. I got in letting the water go cold against my skin. I thought about everything that has happened today. What am I going to do? My mate doesn't even like me. Should I try to make him like me or just ignore him as he does to me? I never thought I would be in such a situation.