Chapter IX

I've been in Koda's pack for almost half a year at Lycan pack, the strongest pack there ever was. And having Koda as a mate was amazing. I feel like we been getting closer in a way. It's not like where real mates though. But he's learning. We haven't kissed since my outburst about my scarred hands. We've been just getting to know each other more. Like how Koda's favorite color is dark blue, that he literally eats anything and that he shakes his leg uncontrollably when he sits at a table or desk.

But lately he's been more stressed about the pack. Something happened, there's a spy in his pack feeding the enemy information. All Koda wants to do is found out who and probably kill that person. As the strongest pack there are lots out to get him. But he won't tell me more and I know there's a lot more to it then he puts out. He says he doesn't want me to worry over anything.

I slowly made my way around the pack house, where it seems like I spend most of my days. Koda was in a meeting so he had to drag me along here. But he promised that after his alpha business meeting he would take me anywhere I wanted. And I wanted to visit home. He never said it can't home or how far from his pack. I walked outside to see Sophia by herself on a swing. I smiled as I walked over to the adorable little girl.

"Luna!" She squealed as she jumped off the swing and ran to me.

"Where's your brother and friends?" I asked her, I was worried why she was all alone.

"They're at school." She huffed kicking around some dirt.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked picking her up onto my hip as I brought her back towards the pack house.

"I'm too small for school" she told me as she played with my hair. Her little fingers twirling my hair around.

"What about preschool?" I asked. She was probably around 4. She should be in preschool.

"We don't have one, there only a human one in the human town" she said. Koda pack had their own town where most of his pack lived. Other lived in the human town which was less than half an hour away. He said some scattered across the country in his territories to make sure everything is fine.

"Well then what do you want to do?" I asked her. She was just so cute with her missing tooth and big cheeks.

"Hide and seek!" She yelled as her eyes lit up like fireflies. She jumped out my arms and ran towards a tree where she started to count. The game went on for a while till she got tired and we ended up laying on the grass looking at the clouds.

"That one looks like a bunny" she told me point at the sky. The sky seemed so blue that it looked unreal. Their pure white fluffy clouds were scattered in random shapes.

"Over there is a bear." I said pointing out the weird shape cloud.

"Sophia!" I heard a deep voice which somewhat startled me. I looked up at see her running towards a man who looked just like Tate. He scooped her in his arms and placed kisses over her face while she giggled from the scuffle that brushed her cheeks. He looked over at me and his eyes widened.

"Sorry Luna. I hope my daughter wasn't too much to handle." He said as he bowed down his head in respect.

"No, it's fine. I love Sophia. We're best of friends, right?" I asked Sophia making her smile and nodded. Her dad smiled as he looked at me.

"You're the best thing to happen to this pack Luna." he said. I didn't know what to say or even do.

"I've known Koda since he was a little boy. You're good for him and this pack. There's something different about him. I think he's learning to understand what love is. Before you he would hardly even be here. Off doing business and taking terror try. He's a great alpha but he was missing something. He was missing love; he was missing you." Sophia's father said smiling. Before I could even say anything Koda came running out the house followed by a group of pack member. They were the top dogs, the inner circle of warrior leaders for the pack. Ones he trusted. He ran over to me checking me.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he looked around sniffing the air. His dark eyes seemed to be even darker now. His Lycan was edging to come out at any second.

"We had an unknown person enter the terrify. Apparently, the spy sent out word of you. They have found out about my mate. I've been trying to keep you a secret and now it's all ruined." He said as he pulled me into his grip.

"I'll be leaving tonight. So, you'll be staying in the pack house." he told me as he pulled away. His body was tense, like he was ready to pounce.

"Why are you leaving?" I asked with a frown.

"Alpha things." He said as he made his way back to the office with me slowly following him.

"For how long?" I asked like a clingy child, but I was just worried. I didn't want to lose him or have him getting hurt.

"I don't know" he answered as he packed some papers, he was going to take with him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him hoping that I wasn't pouting.

"Stop being annoying Navy. I told you it's alpha business!" He spoke. He was pissed. I just nodded and made my way out the room. Don't be hurt from this Navy he didn't mean it. But I couldn't help it, it hurt a lot. I made my downstairs to see Logan.

"Hey Navy baby" he said using his stupid nickname for me.

"Which room am I staying in?" I asked. Koda probably already informed him about where I was to be.

"Are you alright?" He asked noticing my distress.

"My room?" I asked again, I didn't want to talk about it. And I really didn't want to start crying in front of him.

"Follow me" he said knowing to just drop it. I followed him to the middle floor where some fighters stayed. But the fighters that were mated. I walked in the room and frowned, I wanted to back at the house not here. I flopped down on the bed hoping sleep would take me away, but it wouldn't. I just laid there in a dark room all alone. Koda better be back soon, even though I'm still kind of pissed at him. I guess I'll have to just teach him a lesson about calling me annoying.