Chapter VIII

The air around was cold, but yet I felt warm with arms wrapped around me. The sun was creepy slightly into the window. The atmosphere seemed to be peaceful except for the slight snoring coming from under me. As I opened my eyes the sun stung my sight for a few seconds before I focused on a bare chest. I looked up to find myself laying on top of Koda with him sleeping under me. His right arm hung above his head and his other arm rested over my lower back.

I smiled looking down at a peaceful looking Koda. His dark hair was messy, a slight stubble has grown over his jaw. The dark bags from weeks before slowly disappeared. Apparently, his insomnia wasn't a problem no more. I looked over my Lycan mate, he was so beautiful. I couldn't help it when my hand has found its way to his perfect symmetrical face. I slowly traced the scar on his cheek bone. His eyes twitched before he opened his eyes and looked at me. A smile plastered on his face as his hand came to mine holding tightly. He slowly traced the dark pink scars from the burns. They weren't as noticeable as I thought they would be. They weren't even noticeable unless you were up close to them.

"Good morning." He said with his deep husky tired voice. A voice that I have grown so comfortable to. It was almost like a lullaby that kept me at peace.

"Don't you have to go to the pack house?" I asked him. For the past couple of weeks, he would always wake up before me. I was a deep sleeper, so it never wakes me up. But every morning he would go to the pack house to deal with alpha business and then he'll come back in the afternoon to eat and go to his office until nightfall. He sometimes took me to the pack house, and I would just wonder the place, read in the library or talk to other members of this pack.

"Yeah..." He mumbled as he started to sit up with me falling into his lap. I sighed, I wanted to spend time with my mate. I have been here for ten weeks and I still know almost to nothing about him. We have barely spent any time together besides the night. We haven't even kissed since that day in the bathroom.

"But it will be fast and then we can do something. If you want too." He offered his eyes looking everywhere but at me. He was nervous. I smiled and leaned back down against him.

"Of course," I said smiling at him. I wanted to spend more time with him, that's all I wanted.

"Well go shower and get ready so we can head out to the pack house." He said pulling me off him.

"I showered last night; I don't like morning showers." I told him as I got up from the bed. Since a few weeks ago he realized he didn't like me being in my own room, so he forced me into his. He had someone move all of my things into his so there wasn't much room for my protest. I watched him as he got up from the bed stretching. His large muscles popped making me want to touch him all over.

When he left to shower, I changed into some old jean shorts and a loose white t shirt that was kind of low cut so there was a pretty good view of my cleavage. It was the middle of the summer and extremely hot. And maybe I wanted some kind of reaction from him.

I slipped on some sandals and waited for Koda. I started doing my makeup since he was taking longer than I thought. I did the bare minimum, some primer, filled in my eyebrows and added mascara, and Chapstick. I turned around when I heard the bathroom door open. Koda stepped out already dressed in a simple t-shirt with a black and white button up flannel with some jeans. His eyes darted down my body, his features turned angry. He let out a growl, with fangs exposing. My eyes widened as he walked towards me. He pulled the button down shirt off his body and pulled it on me. It was extremely big on me, hanging below the shorts and the sleeves longer than my hands.

"Why -" I was about to question him about his action but then he let out a slight growl again.

"I don't want other wolves looking at what's mine" He said through gritted teeth. I let out a smile, he was kind of hot when he was being protective and jealous.