Chapter VI

"Of course," Logan said handing me off to Koda. He reached his hand out for me. I slowly let my bandaged-up hand rest in his. His eyes rested on my ruined hands. The burns from the morning are might leave scares. My hands probably going to look like a tiger skin. He pulled me closer to him and started dancing with me. It wasn't dancing really, more like softly swaying as his body seemed to be kept far from mine without being too suspicious. I did not expect this at all. I watched him with wide eyes as his hands rested on my waist, slowly moving us to the steady slow music.

"At least act like you're into me." he whispered roughly into my ear. My heart sped up; did he really think I wasn't into him. I placed my bandaged hands on his chest slowly moving closer to him. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous around him almost like I was on eggshells.

"Sorry." I whispered into his chest as I leaned against him. I know I was pushing my limits by being this close to him. I felt him tense up when I leaned against him but after a few seconds he loosened up. I felt nice to be in his arms. But this probably was just a show he was pulling for his pack. But I wanted to be with him. I don't care if he doesn't care for me, I care for him.

"Are you tired?" he asked me. His dark eyes seemed to be staring right through me. There was something so captivating about them. They were so dark, almost black. When the light hit them just right you can see that there brown, even some gold flaks.

"Not really." I mumbled against his chest that was radiating heat.

"Do not lie to me." he commanded with a strong voice. It slightly scared me since I didn't except that. Was he angry at me?

"I'm sorry." I mumbled yet again.

"You are tired, we shall leave." he said as he stopped dancing and lead me off back to the SUV that we came in. We drove in silence. When we got back Koda walked off to wherever. I sighed and made my way to my room. I changed to a t-shirt with some pajama shorts. I still head a bit of my clothes and things to put away. My mom was only able to pack some of my things before I got dragged away.

In the bathroom I slowly peeled the bandage off my hands. My breath hitched as I stared at my blistered-up hands. They didn't look like hot water poured on them, more like ripples, like sharp edged claws. The right hands barely had anything like on red blistered up mark from the thumb up to my pinky. But the left hands had multiple marks.

Slowly a tear rolled down my cheeks, I crumbled down to the floor letting the tears come down like rivers. I tried to be quite so Koda wouldn't hear me. I didn't want him to see me like this. I didn't want him to see me weak. I was already a human; I was already weak in his eyes. He was the strongest alpha, he was a Lycan and I'm just a human. I have no idea why the moon goddess picked me to be his mate, maybe there was some kind of glitch.

"Navy!" I heard a loud booming voice followed by loud steps. Soon the door to the bathroom was busted down and there stood Koda. He was in this odd middle state from human and Lycan. He seemed bigger and his face distorted and some claws and fangs, but he wasn't fully Lycan. He slowly fused back to his fully human form.

Koda walked over to me and bent down picking me up from the floor. He placed me on the sink before grabbed the cream. He literally ripped the cap off from the tube. He took my right hand and slowly applied the cream to the blistering red mark. I let out a hiss as my eyes teared up again. It hurt so much. At this point I wasn't sure if I was crying because of my hands burning, or the overwhelming feeling of everything going on.

"Bite down on my shoulder." he demanded as he took my left hand that was much worse. Before I could say anything to him, he pushed me closer to himself. As soon as I felt the cream and the open burns, I bite on to his shoulder like he told me too. I didn't want to, but it hurt so much, and I couldn't handle it. After about a minute or so the stinging stopped and Koda stepped away from me.