Let's Play a Game (27)

At first, all I could think about was how terrified Kate must have felt. I mean, she was pregnant and had just been harassed by a bunch of idiotic teenage boys. And then, out of nowhere, her best friend got kidnapped right in front of her. She must have been absolutely terrified, and I felt horrible for her.

I then thought about Zach, Johnny, and Logan. They said they were going to protect me, and they had done a pretty good job of it until that day. None of us thought that something was going to happen to me just walking back to Zach’s house with a pregnant girl. I definitely didn’t think anything was going to happen.

It felt like we had been driving for hours, but I couldn’t have been sure. All I knew was that I was so scared that time went by extra slowly. It was even worse than how time was when I was at school.

My shorts felt too small for me, and I didn’t know if it was because of all the sand and water it had come into contact that day or if I was just freaking out over everything. Even my shoes felt like they were too small for me. Everything was just suffocating me.

When they finally stopped the car, I had no idea where we were or how long we had actually been driving for. Before they opened the door, I felt my hands being forced behind my back and my wrists were suddenly being bound with rope.

They then yanked me out of the car and dragged me toward what I saw now was a warehouse, the only thing on it being a huge S that was painted on the front. I was terrified, not knowing what could have happened once I got inside, but I just didn’t have the energy to fight anymore.

I tried to scream, but the blonde one covered my mouth as he continued to drag me into the dusty warehouse. Random things were scattered on the floor, but the only thing I noticed was the chair right in the middle of the room.

“What’s wrong, Maxxy?” he laughed when he threw me into the chair and tied my arms behind the back of the chair. “Are you scared? I don’t blame you.”

“Nice job, Tommy,” the brunette now congratulated, clapping his hand down on the blonde’s shoulder. “We were able to nab her without anyone stopping us like last time. I almost thought that someone was going to jump up and attack us like last time.”

Tommy shrugged. “None of those guys were around her like last time. It was easy.”

The brunette chuckled. “You’re right.”

All I could do was sit there, completely bounded to the chair without anyway to escape. I couldn’t believe I was in this mess, and I honestly didn’t think that there was any way I could have possibly gotten out of it. No one knew where I was. Even though Kate had seen me being kidnapped, she didn’t know where we had went.

“So what are we going to do now, Sid?” Tommy asked now, and then he smirked at me. “We could always do what the boss told us to do the first time, right? I liked the idea of that. It’d be fun.”

I then started trembling, remembering what the list had said just days before. Going through something like that… I’d never be able to go through something like that and continue living normally.

“Get away from me! Don’t come any closer!” I cried, trying my hardest to fight against my restraints as both of them men took a step closer to me. “Don’t you dare touch me!”

“The boss was right,” Sid grinned down at me. “She’s not going to go down without a fight. Too bad it’s already too late…”

Tommy then flipped out something that shone in the dim light that we had. “Then we better get this over with, shall we?”

I stared wide-eyed at the shining dagger in his hand, unable to think clearly any longer. I tried to keep my breath under control but it wasn’t working, and I knew my time was up.