Chapter 12

By the time they were in Seattle, Grace was sitting next to Paul as he read the newspapers sipping on a beer. She was handling some papers regarding the financial activities as she had been neglecting that part of her work for a while now, ordering the receipts from the hotels and other expenses in order of date.

Eliza was sitting across them as she was painting her nails, they were in the bus that took most of the roadies to the other location. Grace took the liberty of going with them instead than the band since she knew that if she went with them she would not get her work done, or not properly at least.

She hadn't told Eliza about the other night yet.

"Oi Gracie, want me to paint yours later?", Eliza said before blowing her nails so it would dry quicker.

"Sure... do you have the white one?"

"I think so", the blonde said while poking a look on her bag full of cosmetics and nail polish. "But I still think the red one would suit you better"

"I don't like the red one", Grace poked her tongue out and then bit the pencil on her hand as she was writing down some observations regarding the expenses.

"Why do you want to keep your pure image so hard? We all know there's a bad bitch underneath all that puritan shit", her friend pointed at her as she rolled her eyes.

"Give her a drink and she'll blow the mind of many men out there", Paul added while flipping a page of the newspaper and giving a devilish grin to Grace.

"And that's why I'm never going to drink with you again", the brunette said while pointing at Paul that was scoffing. "You're a bad influence for me"

"Yet he wasn't the one that had a hot one night stand", Eliza winked at her.

Her heart almost skipped a beat at the realization that maybe it wasn't going to be necessary for her to wait to be alone with her best friend to tell her about the last night events.

"Oh my God, does everyone know or what?", Grace snorted jokingly but as her two companions looked at her with smirks on her faces, she turned seriously. "Oh my God, everyone knows--"

"You had your tongue on his throat, Gracie! Of course everyone noticed it!", the blonde said while using dramatic expressions and then she quickly looked at her fingers. "Oh shit, thought I smeared it--"

"Let's not forget you left when the party was on its hottest point", Paul said while closing the newspaper, folding it and leaving it over the table. "And that Freddie was squealing non-stop since he first saw you on fire over there"

Grace blinked multiple times while thinking that if Freddie, Paul and Eliza saw them then everyone at the party saw them too. At that moment, she was thinking about how she didn't wanted to be another groupie or something of the sort, what would the band think of her? They hadn't said anything... not yet at least. But she was fighting hard against her instincts as she bit the pencil a bit harder than before as Eliza was blowing air at her nails again and Paul was smirking at her.

"So what? It's a party, I have needs and most importantly, it's nobody's business", she tried to set aside the conversation but Paul sat closer to her.

"Uh-huh, then you're going to tell me about the stares between wonder boy and you?", he started saying as Eliza lifted her eyes as to see them with an inquisitive look in her eyes. Grace rolled her eyes. "Wonder boy has a thing for you, you know?"

Wonder boy was the secret code for Roger as Paul didn't like him that much and she was sure that Roger also hated his guts since he would always refer to him as 'Freddie's pet' with Brian and John. But it also was settled that way as she was very private with her personal life, only Paul noticing a thing or two since he was very observative around her. Including the fact that there was some tension between her and the drummer.