Chapter 21

Grace had her passport and things ready since she was asked to leave the hotel that same night. She was pacing back and forth. There were at least five minutes before the guys came out to leave for the venue. She was waving them goodbye before leaving. She knew she wasn't welcome at the concert anymore, not under Reid's watch at least.

The first one to get to the Lobby was Freddie that looked at her in confusion.

"What are you doing?", he asked before realizing that she had a expression that denoted sadness and tiredness.

"Reid fired me, I fucked up... I have to go...", she said quickly, almost breathless as Freddie nodded. "They won't let me go to the venue nor stay and I understand why—"

"It'll be fine, dear... I'll talk to him—", but she interrupted him.

"No Freddie, it's already done... don't worry, I should've been more careful", she bit her lip as he nodded and opened his arms for her to get into them and get a hug.

When John and Brian appeared, she told them what happened. She tried hard to hold back her tears when John hugged her, his hug was the tightest. He felt like a true friend to her, as Brian and Freddie were more like older brothers.

"It's okay, we'll find a way... it's the final show of this leg of the tour, anyway... go home and rest, you did well", he soothingly said and she nodded.

"Don't worry Grace, everything will be alright", Brian assured her with a smile as Roger came into the hall with Dominique looking curiously at them. Grace wondered if she saw the newspaper and grimaced.

"Reid told me", was what Roger said when he got in front of her and he took her hand. Grace felt uncomfortable doing so, more in front of Dominique that seemed quietly uncomfortable too.

"I'll go home for now, you already know where to find me", she told the band as she gave them her number and her address for them to either call or visit her. "If my managing days with your are over, we can still meet whenever you want to..."

"You'll be back for the second leg of the tour, I promise", Brian said very sure of himself and she nodded, hopefully wishing it was true.

"Well, we'll leave you two alone then", John said after a few seconds, as the others nodded and started walking out of their sight. Dominique stood for a few seconds but then shook her head and left. There are some things that are better left unsaid for now. There could be another day where they would be standing woman to woman and talking about their issues.

"Look at me, Grace", Roger said when she looked straight at the floor while gripping on her suitcase. "I'm fine, Dom's fine... we're fine", he said while cupping her face with his hands. He was talking about the article. She was scared. They took a decision and she had to be brave enough as to keep her face up after what happened. She fancied Roger, but she was sure that her feelings were enough as to stain the band's reputation nor to leave Dominique as a fool in front of everyone.

"Are you?", she asked while looking at his eyes, her weakness. He gave her a little smile and nodded. "Look, you have to go and so do I..."

"Just promise me this isn't the end of us...  hell, there hasn't even been a proper beginning to start with... you have to promise me, Grace", he almost pleadingly said and she nodded before pecking his lips with hers. 

"So, this is a see you soon, I guess", she smiled while he hugged her by the waist, soon followed by her hugging his neck. Roger started kissing her passionately and even though she wanted to keep up with him, she couldn't - because she was hysterically laughing at him. "We are going to see each other in at least two days! Stop it!", she started laughing when he kissed her neck.

"Yes, but I'm going to miss seeing you at tomorrow's brunch and at the plane... and then all the time!", he said dramatically just to make her giggle. "I got used to you, Grace Warrington", he admitted after a few seconds, making her caress his cheek.

"I got used to you too, Roger Taylor", she said before pecking his lips once again.

Roger wanted to escort her out to catch a cab but after realizing that there were a few reporters sneaking around, Grace decided to go on her own. They kissed once again before she took her suitcase and walked to the cab, a few flashes on her way letting her know that they were expecting this moment. She didn't look down.

John was proudly looking at the newspaper the next morning while Roger and Dominique were having a small chat about whatever was going on from now on. Things were difficult because they were friends more than lovers at some instance, but now she was feeling unwell and he understood that the least that he could do was at least taking care of her.

They were pictured together in the airport as they were walking side by side, but they didn't have a frown or smile in their faces, they were chatting casually and sometimes interacting with the other band members.

The Queen band was going to be okay, or at least that's what they thought because none of them were present the moment Freddie Mercury fired John Reid just a night ago. But Freddie wasn't worried about that, instead, he had it all figured out while they were planning to go back to studio after the end of the tour. He knew they could have Grace back without Reid ever interferring again... it's just that the others didn't had to know what happened with him.

So that's why Grace was surprised at the entrance of her flat when Eliza came in like a living dead followed by Freddie that asked to talk to her briefly.

"You did WHAT?!", she jumped off her seat and Freddie asked her to remain quiet since Eliza didn't knew about Reid's situation... well, nobody knew except for them two.

"He was a traitor, Gracie dear, he wanted to sell me off to another company as a solo act... HA! Could you even imagine me not being part of Queen? He became a leech, a delusional leech, let me tell you!", he said before sipping his tea angrily while Grace had no words. "That is why, I've already talked to Miami and we've appointed you as our manager for what's remaining of the tour... then we'll talk with the band when the tour ends and we'll figure things out", he simply said and she blinked multiple times.

She was wishing it was just as easy as he was saying it was.