Chapter 18

Roger slipped Dominique's luggage out of the cab's trunk and when he turned around to meet her with a small smile, she was already heading in with Freddie as they spoke lively.

He then looked over the place trying to find Grace, but she seemed to be listening closely as to what Eliza was telling her and she had a frown on her face.

"I'll take it for you", Cheryl, the roadie and close friend of him, said as he took the luggage from him.

"Thank you...", he said to his friend and he was intending to walk to Grace and talk to her but she had disappeared from there and he only saw Eliza there looking at him with his arms crossed.

Eliza called him over as she waved her arm hurriedly. "Is anything wro—?", he started asking but she had hit his arm, causing him to brush his hand over the zone she had hit. "What was that for?!"

"Did you gave her the bracelet?", she asked in a whisper as some roadies were walking to the hotel near them.

He grimaced. "I couldn't"

"You dimwit! You had to give it to her!", she hit him again and he wondered where did she got all that strength from.

Roger had bought a bracelet for Grace and he had intended to give it to her for her birthday, but his plans didn't exactly went as he wanted them to. The Harry Winston piece was well saved in his suitcase, in the bottom of it. But he was scared, genuinely scared of his own feelings.

He also didn't thought it was appropriate to give it to her yet. At that time, both of them were clearly confused on how they would advance their relationship. They weren't simple friends anymore. And the meaning of that bracelet was so much more than just diamonds he could afford, it meant that his feelings for her were sincere.

But now... things were different.

"Where is she?", he asked after a few seconds of sobbing his arm.

"Went to the payphone... maybe she'll call Theo and her mum", she shrugged but then sternly looked at him again. "Make sure you give it to her", Eliza recommended before stepping into the hotel.

He walked into his own hotel room after smoking one cig and he found Dominique sitting on the corner of the bed while looking at him with a big smile.

"Rog, let's get dinner here tonight", she told him after extending her arms to call him in for a hug.

He smiled weirdly. "Sure... I'll take a shower after you", he hugged her for a few seconds and he felt something was wrong. But she only smiled at him and went to the bathroom, not before taking some clothes off her luggage.

The shower had helped him to think more about what he was going to do. After all, he didn't felt happy anymore. It wasn't her fault, he knew. But he also knew it wasn't his fault either. Feelings were something that he or anyone could control.

Roger felt like drowning himself under the shower but then came back to reality when remembering that Dominique was waiting for him on the bedroom.

After dressing up and coming out of the bathroom, she was already all dressed up and smiling nonchalantly at him.

"Shall we go?", he asked her with a sweet smile. He looked at her and saw her beauty, not only the outer beauty but the inner too. She was a wonderful woman, but it was just that things weren't the same anymore. Love, being one of those things. It had extinguished and it was partly sad.

Still, he was walking side by side with her, making their way to a taxi cab — asking some recommendations to the taxi driver and him telling her some lame jokes for her to feel more at ease with his sudden change of heart.

He was planning to tell her the the truth that same night.

Grace was lying down on the couch while Brian was giving her a massage on her back as Eliza and John shared a drink and Freddie was choosing a record to play as they waited for Room Service to bring dinner.

Paul came into the room the same time Brian applied pressure over Grace's back and it made a loud crack that made John hiss in pain for her, but she was breathing out in pleasure. It felt like heaven.

"Did you call Roger?", Freddie asked as he lifted his eyes as he pulled a record out of its case.

"Ratty said he went out with his girlfriend", he informed. Paul had been assigned by Freddie to bring Roger and Dominique but now everybody in the room was surprised to hear that they went out without telling anyone.

Grace was thankful nobody could see her grimace as her face was hidden by the backseat of the couch as Brian applied more pressure in the upper part of her back. Another loud crack making her breathe out the pressure she had been holding.

"Can you bring the bill, please?", Roger asked after Dominique shared his tiramisu with him and they were now full and ready to go. The waiter nodded to get the bill ready for them.

Roger had gulped down his nerves as Dominique looked at him with a bright smile. He had to tell her. It was now or never.

"Hey Dom—"

"I have something to tell you—"

Both of them laughed softly at each other after realizing they spoke at the same time. "You first", he said, taking it as a chance to wait a bit until telling her about his feelings.

"Well... it might be quite a surprise but, I think I'm pregnant, Rog", she bit her lip as he opened his mouth wide open.

A dozen feelings rushing to his head and he actually had to breathe in and out before smiling widely, because a child wasn't something he was expecting but it was something worthy of feeling happiness.

He stood up to embrace her as he felt his heart pumping against his chest violently. His mind doing the math in the background of his head.

What was he going to do now?

Grace was sitting beside John as they were playing cards and they were so concentrated that even Brian's squealing at Eliza and Freddie's attempt to put him a electric blue wig.

"I already gave you the chance to do my makeup, don't do this to me!", the tall man cried out as Freddie was almost choking him because he was hanging from his neck as Eliza was standing over the chair to reach his head and put the cap first before putting him the wig.

"Alright, alright! We'll leave you alone, you wanker", Freddie had said after letting him go as Eliza rolled her eyes.

Brian was panting the same time John had lost the game and was now yawning and lying on the couch with his arms crossed. Grace went to the bathroom.

When Grace came back, she almost had a laughing fit as she saw John having a blue wig on and both Eliza and Freddie were applying makeup on him as the victim had his tongue out.

But as they were having fun and clowning around; someone, somewhere nearby in the city, was having a breakdown because he recently found out he might become a father and he wasn't brave enough to speak his feelings.

So when Roger came by Freddie's room, looking for advice after leaving Dominique in their room for her to sleep, he found them having a party by themselves and he wasn't sure if he wanted to interrupt the party, so he decided to go back to his room, fighting with his thoughts.