Chapter 8

Elena's POV
We kept walking side by side , both diving in silence which was neither comfortable nor awkward. I was thinking what to talk to him cause from the corner of my eye i can see that he still has the same blank face. I dont even know what is he thinking but if he had come here so he should start conversing right? Or i should start??..
"Umm.."  i started clearing my throat
At the same time he started saying " Elena right??"
"Yeah Mr McCarthy - i mean Hayden " i replied spontaneously when he raised his eyebrow seeing my refering him by last name. Thinking this i laughed lightly . He faced me questioningly bt with straight face yet i got the idea he was asking about my laughter. So i replied " you and your eyebrow raising habit by god.. and that blank face.. sometimes a person can get scared or bored of your same facial expressions and you  -  you dont get bored?? " Saying i faced him to see he has raised both of his eyebrows but this time his expressions were betraying him. His mouth was twitched slightly. I mentally face palmed myself for insulting him in his face. I give him a awkward smile. Suddenly he laughed, i joined him too . We were laughing when instantly he stopped and i guess its not normal for him to laugh for as long as i know him, he doesn't show his feelings so he became quiet. This time i take it upon myself to not make it awkward and started normal conversation. "So what were were you doing here" i asked . "My brother dragged me here when i should have been resting on my bed i guess" he replied smoothly " we are sailing the same boat buddy , i was dragged by my sister and friends here. I dont like too much crowd so i excused myself for washroom and come out as usual" saying i was beaming at the sky . I felt his gaze on me so when i see he was seeing me intently with same blank face bt his eyes were warm this time. I averted my gaze to not make it awkward. For god's sake hez gonna get married Elena n you are the wedding planner. Remember?? I reminded myself..
"As usual??" He asked
"Yeah we normally come here to get away from work and get some break and everytime they force me to come and mingle with Adam and everytime I come out making excuses and enjoy my night in fresh air till the time they are done" i explained
"Mingle with Adam??" He questioned
Ohh i realized i have explained him way too personally.. but he is expecting answer now.. great way to go Elena.. I am getting comfortable with him more than required..
" Uhh.. hez just a friend , my friends are trying to set me up with" i replied shortly not going into details.
He gave a curt nod. " Anyways it was nice meeting you Mr - I mean Hayden, see you seen in the meeting " i said thinking whether i should shake his hand, give him a hug or do nothing..
He again gave me a curt nod. So its set third option it is then, do nothing..
I walked away from him to call Aliya and make quick call for cab to reach home quickly...
****
We reached home after goodbyes and I tuck Aliya into her room. Then i Fetch sleeping Noel from my neighbours and make her sleep beside me. The last thought that came into my mind before sleep envelope me was hez not that cold , there is more to his story and I was curious....