chapter 22

Hello guys, exciting update ahead, brace yourself, Haylena scenes on the way...

General pov...

Days went by whenever Hayden would make excuse of something or the other not being right to meet Elena everyday, Elena would always e mail the changes and options to his P.A. Delilah and also a copy to Hayden. He was being frustrated, he was not understanding, was she avoiding her, or she was really busy or is it about that kiss but it can't be that bad because he is well -  uhm experienced or it didn't meant anything to her, because the fact being it was like he was kissing for the first time, it meant much more than anything to him - he thought. He never felt any passion in any of the kisses he had done in his lifetime. Also he didn't want to display his feelings all in open to her to what he felt, what he think about her, so he was ticking time bomb in his office and home but in a composing manner, one mistake and the person is no where to be seen near him excluding Martha, Michael, Sean and Leo - they were used to his silent mood swings. As usual they tried to talk to him and as usual he didn't share anything with them.
So he knew he had to do something to keep him sane. He e mailed Elena in reply to her mentioned points of arrangements, that the physical meeting is required in her office rather than his or the contract will be cancelled. He was smiling smugly to himself in his office thinking now she would have no other choice than to attend the meeting. And then subtly he will make her spit out the reason from her for avoiding him if there is any at all.
Elena was being successful in avoiding Hayden mission by spending time with her new friend David and some time alone with Noel or those children back from that day in park whom she had befriended. She had not seen him in days. Although she wanted to meet him, see him but she was refraining herself because one more lovable gaze from him like last time and it would become last nail in the coffin of abandoning her mission and listen to her heart which she can't afford to lose to a person who would never love her back and was gonna marry in few weeks..
****
Next day Hayden was on the edge, he was impatiently waiting for the time of the meeting to come. When there was exact an hour left, he left for her office and revised some points in his mind on his way to discuss with her on the pretext of meeting.  He was shaking his leg up and down all the way. Although Michael and Leo didn't know the whole 'thing' about his sudden impatient behaviour but they knew it has something to do with Elena.
When they reached the building, Leo followed Hayden to her office floor, where Her P.A. greeted them and told them Elena had some other private engagement, she would be attending the meeting on the behalf of her boss as she had thoroughly gone through the whole contract and all important points discussed in every meeting.
Hayden was furious, it was confirmed now she was avoiding him, he made up his mind to not bother himself about her anymore. He half mindedly attended the meeting discussed some points for the sake of it, and it was half an hour over the time meeting should be ended. He took long strides with cold and composed look and exit the building. When he saw the scene in front of his eyes, all his composure to not mind her flew away the second he saw Elena.
Elena thinking it was past the time of meeting, he should be gone by now,  comes back with David. They had all the fun in the world from rating hotness of boys together to doing so much shopping.
When she was hugging him to bid goodbye, Hayden comes out of the building. She knew from the looks of his, he knew she was avoiding him. 'What to do now, what to do?' She thought to herself. David saw her seeing him with fear and  subdued excitement, he raised his eyebrow at Elena. She smiled awkwardly at David. Hayden came to them with mean composed look but anger shoning in his eyes. His face became more deadly and cold seeing her still holding his hand after a hug. He doesn't like it at all. He doesn't know know why but he just wanted to rip their hands apart.
"Hie Elena" he said with his jaw clenched.
"Hey Hayden" She replied politely but uncomfortably when David butted in "Won't you introduce us?" He winked at her
Hayden was clenching, unclenching his jaw - he fucking winked at her.
"Sure" Elena was more than happy to fill in the awkward silence "David this is Hayden my Friend and Hayden this David my other friend" she beamed at David..
David enthusiastically replied hello forwarding his hand but   Hayden just gave a curt nod grudgingly.
Suddenly Erica came down to them seeing them all together. It was lunch time, so asked Elena to join her. But she shook her head saying she had already, with David.
"Oh so you are the one who had stolen my friend, she doesn't have lunch with me and Taylor anymore and she no more spends time with us" she wiggled her eyebrows at Elena. Elena and David laughed at this silly comment. If they knew who je was, they silly teasings would flew away.
Hayden was still standing there not responding, with eyes on Elena unable to decide whether to ignore her and be his usual self or drag her from there and not let her go till she spill the beans of avoiding him.
Fuck it, he thought. "Um Elena I have something to talk with you" saying he doesn't let her reply, just took her hand firmly in his and made her sit in his car. Leo followed him at a distance and too sat in the car.
He ordered Michael to drive around till the time he does not order to stop in his usual cold and stern voice. He pushed the button for privacy screen parting the driver and back seat and stared at her hardly. "Hie" She replied with a pleasant smile which made her look like innocent when it was the exact opposite at the moment, Dammit he thought, he pulled her in his lap suddenly and kissed her roughly with all the passion and frustration bubbling inside him from so many days.
She tried to push him, but he hold her waist more tightly, so she gave into her feelings for one more time. She kissed him like her life depended on it, put all her warmth and like in that kiss. Now she had seen him again, she realised she was bottling her emotions, she missed him so freaking much.
They both parted their mouths for breathing but Hayden didn't stop there, he started kissing her on neck trailing along the jawline with palms on her cheeks feeling the softness of the skin. She arched her neck, giving more access to him, he continued his assaults with kisses along her throat and back to her lips. But his kisses now were soft and sensuous. It was passionate, demanding yet smooth. When she moaned, he smiled in between the kiss. After some satiation, he put his forehead on her. They both stared at each other warmly. Then with ragged breathe she asked "What was that for?"  While blushing profusely. He shrugged his shoulders, continued staring at her and replied "punishment"
She didn't ask for she knew what was he going to say. "Won't you ask the reason?" he asked in a calm manner but she could see the rage inside his eyes coming back. "Elena, answer me or is it you know the reason. Am i right?" He spoke while gritting his teeth. She tried to get up from his lap but he hold her more tightly to his chest whispering "Don't"
She stopped the resistance and let him hold her facing away from him and spoke softly, voice barely whisper "you know this is not right, you are gonna get married and I am not the girl who will kiss anybody that comes along my way, it affects me" when one tear slide down her cheek. She wiped it harshly still facing away from him. Seeing her like this, his features soften, he was being selfish thinking about him, he cupped her face turning her to face him, he knew she had become someone special to him. Hell he had shown her his emotions much more than he had shown to his family Martha, Michael, Leo or Sean in his lifetime.
But he couldn't let her go, she was his peace, he would be selfish if he has to. "Okay, I understand" he whispered softly "can we still remain friends, good friends?" He asked with hopeful expressions. Elena knew this wa a bad idea, but she knew inside, he was comfortable around her, he needed her, she wanted to scream that she wanted to be more than just good Friends. She clenched her right hand to her side to control her emotions and replied "yeah, we can do that" with a forced wide smile. "Friends who willl share their problems with each other" she said trying to hint him that he can share anything with her. "Promise me?" She asked softly with pleasant smile forwarding her hand..
He hesitated but seeing her grinning so innocently he shook his hand with her "promise" he said "Now be ready Ms. Kingsley, you will have to spend more time with me hearing my everyday problems" he said playfully.
"I have no problem with that" she replied beaming "Infact, I will be more than happy" He pushed the button for the privacy screen to flip, asked Michael to take back to Elena's office and sat back thinking about it. Never in a million years he had thought he would react without thinking. But with this girl he had his so many firsts. Elena was in deep thought too thinking about her actions, it was the last time they had kissed, now he asked her to remain friends. How will she survive with beings only friends with him. Whatever it was, she had to be happy for him, if he was happy, she would be super thrilled and try to control her feelings around him.
The car stopped breaking their chain of thoughts, she faced him to say bie to see he was already staring at her. "Bye Hayden" she whispered.
"Bye Elena" he said holding her hand while kissing her forehead, prolonging the kiss to feel the touch of her beneath him. When they both opened their eyes, she turned to get out, but he unintentionally kept holding her wrist. " Hayden" she said while nodding towards their joined hands signalling him to leave it.
"Sorry" he said leaving her hand. She smiled in return and left the car without turning back. "Michael, office" he said facing the window. "Sure Hayden" he replied seeing him from driver's front mirror. Now that Hayden was alone with his thoughts, everything was replaying in his mind. With her, every nerve of his seemed calm, he felt peace which was missing from days when he had not met her maybe because she was innocent and kind at heart. If being friends with her made him happy, he would like to be a friend of such a chirpy soul, maybe it would change him for better....

****
Do vote and comment...