23. THE AUCTION

EZRA~

Hey... how'd it go?" Chase asked me. But I was in no mood to answer him. Instead I just went inside the bathroom to freshen up. I was tired and let's not forget beyond mad.

I wanted to break something so bad. I felt like stabbing a knife through that bastard's chest. After last night how dared he came near Leila? And that traitor! How can she take his side? It's just not fair.

How can she trust him so easily? He fucking lied to her. I knew everything that happened in the meeting. Chase told me everything, Leila shouldn't have trusted him. She shouldn't have chosen him.

Everything was running through my mind again and again reminding me how close he was to Leila... his lips inches away from hers.

"Ezra...can you come out? I need to talk to you." I head Leila calling for me from outside. I inhaled a sharp breath and went out.

 I inhaled a sharp breath and went out

"Hey..." She said nervously. I now feel bad for leaving her alone in there. I feel like kicking my own self right now.

"I'm sorry I left you alone there." I apologized.

She looked at me surprise that I wasn't mad. But a smile instantly vanished from her face when I said "It doesn't mean I'm not mad at you." I said.

"Ezra... if you can let me explain for once..." She said.

" She said

"No Leila... not this time. I'm not loosing you again." I said determined. She came closer to me and pulled me closer to her. She kept her hands on the both sides of my face and made me look straight into her eye.

"Ezra... you will never lose me. I promise you. But you need to understand that we really need his help." She said.

"Yeah... then what was going down between you two when I arrived there?" I questioned her.

She looked at me startled . She opened her mouth to speak but words never came out of her mouth. Like she doesn't know how to respond to that.

"I think I got my answer to that." I said and walked out of the dorm. We were back to our collage campus because we didn't really wanted to trouble the Iron Foundation. We had a lot to plan and work. Many of the other students joined our protest.