9th Page: First Mission

Black Bulls' Hideout...

Within a black-themed room, a boy was slowly waking up, stretching as he yawned lazily, looking at the clock on his wall.

"Time to start the day..." The boy sleepily muttered, running a hand through his (h/c) hair. (Y/N) had just awoken on this early morning, his second day as a Magic Knight.

"Alright, up first is 5000 pushups..." The boy slid out of bed, cracking his knuckles as he began his daily exercise within his room, unbothered by any outside means.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" A voice passed by (Y/N)'s room, the boy rolling his eyes, recognizing the voice as Asta.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) had finished his daily exercise, releasing a satisfied sigh as he grabbed a towel and headed for the shower, intent on beginning his day.

A few minutes later, the boy had opened the door to exit his room.

"Hmm, no pillar today? Nice, I expected to have to punch through another one." (Y/N) commented sarcastically to himself as he closed the door to his room, beginning to trek down the hallway.

"Let's see...what's up first? Asta and I got shared responsibilities for keeping the base in pristine condition, though lord knows that isn't possible. Anyway, off to it I guess." (Y/N) mindlessly commented as he began his day, finding Asta at random intervals, seeing no other members of the Black Bulls yet awake. This wasn't strange to (Y/N) though, he was used to getting up early in the morning. It simply provided a better start to the day.

While Asta had cleaned the floors, library and fed the beasts, (Y/N) had been tasked with doing the laundry.

"Ok, let's get started." Conjuring a ball of ice magic, the boy froze the magic as the ball just hung in the air, (Y/N) summoning a ball of flames as well, the two making contact and melting the ice, creating a harmless splash of water, soaking all the clothes.

"Alright, next up is washing them." The (h/c) haired boy commented to himself as he began the task of washing all the laundry, humming to himself all the while.

"I wonder what new kinds of spells I can come up with...hmm, how about a spell that augments my slashing speed? But wait, how can I augment my own speed? Lightning infusion?" Such were the boys' thoughts as his body was on auto, expertly washing the clothes without paying attention.

"Hmm, that could work. Oh! But I also need a spell like the one Finral uses, a transportation spell! Especially since I can't use a broom without destroying it..." (Y/N) continued to think of ideas for new spells, coming up with a few key necessities. Recently, he'd been given various experiences that allowed him to see he lacked quite a fair deal of utility spells.

Hours later, the laundry had been finally finished and put in place, (Y/N) sighing in relief that it was already done.

"Alright, looking at the time the Squad shouldn't be awake yet, so I guess I can get some training in. Yosh! Let's do this!" (Y/N) sprinted outside and onto an open area, summoning Heaven's Reach as he faced down the same tree Noelle had been shooting at yesterday.

"Alright, so if I want a spell that augments my speed, currently my only choice is to infuse my arms with lightning magic...here goes nothing." (Y/N) closed his eyes and breathed out, concentrating on his magic, black and red lightning arching on his arms, the boy breathing slowly.