?? Page: Altered Fates

(Feel fully free to skip this chapter.)
(Some spoilers might be found...)
(This chapter can be considered AU)

Welcome.

Fate is a funny, delicate thing, is it not, my dear Reader?

Two sides of the spectrum.

The Light.

The Dark.

They dictate which side you stand with.

...

Tell me.

Do you know your allegiance?

...

Is that so?

Then...why don't we turn to the other side?

Let us see what awaits...

Within the dark.

~•~

Magic Knight's Headquarters

The constant droplets of rain pattered against the ground, thunder occasionally lighting up the darkened skies of the Clover Kingdom, a certain man staring out of his office in silence.

"Wizard King, sir. We've received the latest reports on the movements of Spade. But, it doesn't make any sense. The Spade Kingdom hasn't mobilized in years, why are they now suddenly so active?" Marx reported, his forehead creased up in confusion as he read the reports in his hands regarding the latest movements of one of their rival Kingdoms - the Spade Kingdom.

"Hmm..." Julius hummed lightly, the Wizard King's purple orbs lingering on the storming clouds outside. The air felt strangely static...

"It is strange that Spade has suddenly begun to mobilize. What are their current actions?" Julius narrowed his eyes, staring out of the window before him as Marx stood behind his desk, grasping into a pile of parchments.

A booming thunder raged in the distance.

"It seems like mostly scouting movements. Though they've been spotted several times within the Clover Kingdom, there have never been any reports of official skirmishes." Marx reported, his eyes skimming through the contents of the various parchments in his grasp.

"Strange. The Spade Kingdom went dark a few years back...why begin acting so silently now?" Julius narrowed his eyes, tracing the sight of Kikka from his position. The Castle Town was the last bastion of the Clover Kingdom's castle defense. It always brought Julius a certain sense of tranquility.

But now...it felt strange.

The air felt cold.

The night felt oppressive...

It felt as if something was lurking in the shadows.

"Marx, notify all the Magic Knight Captains of the Spade Kingdom's actions, and tell them to keep a close eye on any movements. No matter what happens, we cannot let them catch us by surprise." Julius ordered, Marx looking up from the myriad of parchments and at the Wizard King.