53rd Page: Into the Manor

(Timeless Manor OP - Sync by lol)
Misty Village, Mizeras

Silence reigned in the study as the words Mylar uttered seemed to resonate around the room.

"Not alone...? What do you mean by that, Mylar?" Lord Seyez asked, lightly shaking the haggard man.

"Don't bother, he's already unconscious." Ryan shook his head, walking up to the haggard man with a grim look. To have already sustained those wounds for this long was a miracle.

"..." Lord Seyez stared at the haggard guard for a moment, sighing as he set him down upon one of the couches.

"It seems the situation is even more grim than I realized. Sending my men inside proved to be a mistake." Lord Seyez sighed, walking over to his desk settling himself down, resting his head on his clasped hands, his eyes narrowed.

"Can you tell us anything else about the manor?" Ame asked cautiously, Lord Seyez shaking his head with a grimace, Ame releasing a small sigh. So that was as much as they knew, huh...

"So, you've said it's been a few days since they went in, right?" (Y/N) recalled, asking as Lord Seyez turned towards him, nodding.

"And then he's the first to come out, wounded but alive. Considering a few days have passed, it's probably safe to assume a lot of things we don't know probably happened in the manor." (Y/N) summed up, getting a nod from the rest of the group.

"Then, there's only one way to find out what exactly happened." Ryan sighed, rubbing the back of his head with an estranged look on his face.

"Yeah." (Y/N) nodded in agreement, the two on the same wavelength. If they wanted answers, then there only remained one place to look.

"What about Alyssa?"Jayden pitched in, recalling their team leader. Where had she gone, anyway?

"We don't know where she is, nor do we have any methods of tracking her. The Captain seems to trust her a lot, so I'd say it's safe to say she can be trusted on her own." Ame reasoned, recalling how Captain Rin seemed to place a lot of trust in the silverette.

"I guess that makes sense. Alright, then we'll do what we can for now." (Y/N) nodded, the others nodding in return as they stood, Lord Seyez watching them silently.

"Will you go to the manor?" The mayor of Mizeras asked, a slight dismal hope shining in his eyes. No matter what he wanted to believe - they were Magic Knights. Though his guards may not have been as equipped to deal with the unknown situation, perhaps they would fare better.

"Yeah. If we want to get the bottom of this, it's a damn good place to start." (Y/N) nodded, standing up from the couch before turning towards the door.

"I see. In that case, allow me to guide you through the mist. If nothing else, that is the least of my duties as the mayor of Mizeras." Lord Seyez stood, the Magic Knights nodding in return. It would be nice to have a guide, especially one that knew his way around the Misty Village.

"Thanks."

Shortly after the recovery mage had arrived for Mylar, under the leadership of Lord Seyez, the group walked through the misty village, before eventually reaching the outskirts of town, the Mayor stopping for a moment, the others following his lead.