11th Page: Arsenal

Black Bulls Hideout...

Having arrived back to base, the group consisting of (Y/N), Alice, Noelle, Asta and Magna reported their mission to Yami, the Captain listening intently.

"Sounds like you guys got put through the ringer, all right." Yami laughed as he heard the report. In the end, he wasn't really at odds with the situation, his recruits had been hardened by battle and they'd saved a town while completing their mission, of anything it was just an extra bonus.

"Why does he sound so happy about that? Someone even died." Noelle grimly thought as she saw her Captain's face, of whom was currently twisted in laughter, a big grin on his face.

"You sound alarmingly happy that we almost died." (Y/N) rolled his eyes at his Captain, only causing the man to laugh harder.

"Well, in the end you survived, didn't you? As a Magic Knight, death becomes just another thing of the day. This isn't an easy job, not by any stretch of the imagination." Yami wisely spoke, making the various members nod their heads. They'd witnessed the hell personally.

"It's lamentable that Old Man Seyhe died, but in the end he died a hero. Being all sad won't bring him back, so why cling to the past instead of moving forward with pride?" Yami stood up from his seat, not aware of the awed looks his subordinates gave him, seeing their Captain in a new, respectable light.

"Well done. That's a helluva first mission." Yami praised as he patted (Y/N)'s back, the boy beaming at him in pride.

"Of course, any mission with me is a memorable one!" (Y/N) gloated, only to have Yami grab him by the face and glare at him, causing the boy to deflate.

"Don't get a big head off one mission."

"Yes, sir." (Y/N) sweat dropped as Yami put him back down before a silver spatial ported appeared nearby, Vanessa, Melody and Finral stepping out.

"We're back." Finral stepped out of the portal and addressed Yami, the man nodding.

"Great job, you five." Vanessa complimented as she saw the group back, Melody rushing past her and towards (Y/N).

"What happened?!" The girl commented in alarm as she saw the various bandages that were wrapped around (Y/N).

"Oh this? I took one of Magna's full powered hits, it's not too big a deal." (Y/N) waved his hand dismissively, only for his hand to be grabbed by Melody as she closed her eyes, a light purple aura covering her hands and simultaneously (Y/N).

"What's she doing...?" Watching curiously, (Y/N) didn't speak as he felt Melody's magic wash over him, bringing with it a soothing feeling as the girl soon retracted her hands, a small smile on her face.

"There, any leftover pain should be gone now." Melody smiled warmly at her Squadmate, the newcomers looking at the girl in awe.

"Melody's magic is both offensive and support. What's she just did was heal you. She gets worried about the Squad members really easily." Yami cleared up as he patted (Y/N)'s back, the boy no longer feeling the faint traces of pain he'd felt before.

"Well then, thanks Mel!" (Y/N) grinned at the girl as he stretched his arms, a satisfied smile on his face, giving the girl a nickname as she smiled softly.