Chapter 6: Vineyard

The next day, Morgan is helping Hugo pick grapes while Celine watched by the pergola with vines shading the space "She's been helping since she could remember" said a voice behind her making her turn.

She saw Aimee with a tray of food and behind her some maids holding other snacks and drinks "Let me help you with that" she smiled and took the tray from the older woman then set it on the table. They sat on the dining area overlooking the vineyard "can I ask a question?"

"Of course, dearie" replied Aimee

"Why did Morgan wanted to become a bodyguard? She could've just stayed here" asked Celine

Aimee smiled "That child is stubborn" she turned to the girl with her grandpa "she wanted to experience life outside so, we let her. She went to the city. Though we give her money, I know she never touched it. So, she took a job" the older woman snickered "She's just like her father"

And with that, Celine got curious "If you don't mind me asking but where are Morgan's parents?" she asked then realised she might be asking too much information "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to intrude"

Aimee smiled and placed a hand on the younger woman's hand "Morgan was still a babe when the accident happened" 

When Celine heard 'accident' she got worried

"Her father Jaimee was driving and her mother Shannon sat on the passenger seat. Morgan and Bryan, her older brother was only ten sat on the back"

The older woman tried to remember the horrific accident. Celine held to her tighter

"They were on their way back home when a carrier truck lost its break and plunged the car" Aimee paused "They were taken to the nearest hospital, but it was too late" she turned to Morgan who is now laughing with her husband "The doctors said that it was a miracle that she survived that impact" She turned back to Celine and smiled

"After that incident, we took care of her" added Aimee "She's the only family member we have left so, please" she squeezed Celine's hands "take care of her"

Celine nodded and gave the older woman a hug. Morgan and Hugo approached them "Did we miss something?" asked the older man

The pair dried their eyes and looked at the other pair standing in front of them. Morgan turned to Celine and gave her an 'are you ok?' look. 

The other girl just nodded and gave her a reassuring smile. "Why don't we eat?" Aimee invited them, and the duo took their seats on the table. Morgan sat next to the Celine

Celine grabbed a towel and wiped off Morgan's sweat herself "Look at you, you're all sweaty" she said "After this go take a bath"

The older couple smiled at the interaction "are you sure, you two aren't dating?" Hugo teased

While having lunch, Hugo brought out a bottle of wine and poured out some. Celine took her glass and took a sip. Her eyes widen "Oh my!" she said making the trio turned to her

"How is it?" Hugo asked

"This is the best wine I've ever tasted" Celine replied making the older couple smile

"The way our wines are made have been carefully crafted. With the right amount of yeast and fermentation, our wines are top quality" Hugo explained with twinkle in his eyes

"Why don't you commercialise it? I bet people would pay thousands for a bottle" Celine suggested

Hugo gave her a weak smile "We used to but now we only sell it to private buyers" he explained "With that much demand, we need a lot of people and no one's going to manage it. Aimee and I are too old"

"Maybe we could" Aimee cut in then turned to her grandchild "and let Morgan manage it" the younger woman turned to the others in the table. Aimee turned to Celine and placed a hand on hers "why don't you help her, if you want?"

"I'd love to" Celine replied

Everyone turned to Morgan again "What?" they waited for her answer.

"Morgan, you're the only one who knows how to make it" Hugo said

Morgan sighed "Fine" she replied, and everyone cheered.

That night, Celine couldn't sleep for some reason so, she decided to go to the balcony to get some air. She's looking at the vineyard when she saw a figure seating under the oak tree. Even that far she knows who that person is. 

"Hey" she greeted making the other girl turned

"Miss Michaelson" Morgan replied.

Celine smiled and sat next to her "How many time do I have to tell you, just call me Celine" 

Morgan just nodded and they both turned to the peaceful view of the farm 

"I have to tell you something" Morgan turned to her "Aimee told me what happened...to your parents" Morgan's expression changed and looked down her leg "I'm so sorry" said Celine and placed a hand on Morgan's back.

Morgan looked up again and rested her arms on her knees "It's crazy how I can miss someone I've never met. Yes, I met them but, I don't remember anything" she paused "But thanks to my grandparents, I don't miss them that much. They treated me like their own child"

A tear fell down Morgan's cheeks which she quickly wiped and laughed "I-I'm so sorry. I'm crying. It's so lame"

"No, no Morgan. It's ok" Celine replied. This is the first time every that she has seem Morgan this vulnerable "You're actually lucky because you still have Aimee and Hugo that loves and supports you no matter what happens"

Morgan nodded "I guess, I am" she said and smiled at the other girl. 

Dug, dug, dug, dug. 

She felt her heart beat twice as fast. They didn't notice but they were slowly leaning towards each other. About an inch before their lips touched, Morgan realised what she's doing and pulled away clearing her throat "Uhm... why don't we go to sleep. It's getting late"

Celine who was also flushed replied "Uhm... yeah. Ok"

Morgan walked Celine to her bedroom "Ah...so I'll see you in the morning Mi—" Celine gave her a 'really?' look "Celine" Morgan corrected "Good night"

"Good night" Celine responded and closed the door. With the door between them, they let out a breath