Chapter 9: Family Approved

These couple of days, Morgan and Celine got closer. They feel more comfortable with each other that they even joke around each other and sometimes people around the office mistakes them being together.

They are currently back in Celine's office doing their usual work with Morgan seating on the sofa reading a book and her boss behind her desk. They heard a knock on the door and they turned to each other.

Morgan got up to open the door "Can I help you?" she asked the person by the door "Do you need anything from Miss Michaelson?"

"Uhm... no" the girl replied shyly "Mr. Michaelson asked for you Miss De Le Reaux"

"Morgan? did he say why?" Celine asked the woman

"He didn't say, ma'am" the girl replied

"What could he possibly want from Morgan?" Celine asked

"Mr Michaelson is waiting, miss" the girl said

"I'm coming with" Celine told them

Morgan turned to her "No, it's fine. I'm sure it's nothing important. Don't you have a deadline this afternoon? I'll be back" she reassured the other girl

"Ok" Celine replied simply, and the pair went out.

Morgan knocked on the door first and Frank told her to come in "You called for me sir?" Morgan asked.

The older man looked up and rested his hands on his desk looking at Morgan sternly "Sit" he ordered.

 Morgan obeyed. 

Moments passed "What is your relationship with my daughter?" he asked with seriousness in his voice.

Morgan felt intimidated because she's never seen him like this. He's always 'chill'. "Sir?" she asked

"I'll ask again, and this time answer me truthfully. What is your relationship with my daughter?" he repeated.

"I'm her bodyguard sir" Morgan replied

"Do you like her?" Morgan was taken aback. The man leaned on his chair "I've heard rumours around the office" he leaned on his desk again "So, do you like her?"

"S-sir, C— Miss Michaelson and I are just friends" Morgan confessed

"You didn't answer my question" he told the girl "Do you like my daughter?" 

"Uhm..." she cleared her throat "Y-yes sir. As a friend and boss" 

Frank squinted his eyes "Why?"

"Uhm... Sorry. I apologize. I will just be her bo—" Morgan tried to answer but Frank intervened

"Why aren't you two dating yet?" Frank said surprising the younger girl

"Sir?" Morgan asked confusedly

Frank got up from his seat and went around the desk then sat on the chair in front of Morgan "When I heard that something was between you two, I noticed that she smiles more, and she seemed happier. So, I was very happy because I know you and you would never hurt her" he paused, and his face turned serious again "So now you're telling me you two aren't dating?"

Morgan still in shock answered "No, sir. Miss Michaelson and I are just really good friends"

Frank placed a hand on her shoulders "Why? Is there something wrong about her?"

"I-it's not that sir. Don't get me wrong, your daughter is perfect" Morgan replied

"Then what's stopping you?" Frank asked

"Well, sir. We're just really good friends" Morgan replied

"Well, whatever your decision is. I respect that. However, if you hurt my princess in anyway, you're dead. Get that, bruh?" he asked

"Y-yes sir" Morgan replied

"What did he say?" Celine asked when Morgan got back

"Nothing important" Morgan replied

"By the way, we're going to attend my cousins wedding and you're going to be my date" Celine said

"Why me?"

"Because I said so" her boss replied "Now, go with Sasha to try on some clothes" 

"Why can't I just wear these?" Celine didnt reply but instead glared at her bodyguard "Ok, ok" 

Morgan didn't have a choice. She stood with the other guests looking at the entourage walk down the aisle. 

Then it was Celine's turn, she wore a burgundy satin off shoulder dress and she's holding a small bouquet of flowers.

Dug, dug, dug, dug. 

There goes her heart again. Morgan felt her heart beat twice as much and everything around her seemed to blur out and slowed down. The only person she sees is Celine. 

She met the girls' hazel eyes and smiled at her. She couldn't help but smile back. When Celine reached Morgan, she signalled 'you're drooling' and Morgan just smiled at her and watched her pass by.

Throughout the wedding they kept glancing at each other and still Morgan couldn't get her pulse to slow down whenever she sees the girl smile. She met her eyes again 'you look beautiful' she mouthed and the girl by the altar felt her cheeks redden.

After the wedding, Celine sat next to Morgan while the other guest waited for the bride to throw her bouquet. They watched a group of women go for it. Laughing an older woman greeted Celine and they had a small talk "By the way, mimi. This is Morgan"

"Celine, why didn't you tell me you're with your gorgeous girlfriend? You know I always knew. I'm so proud of you" the woman said hugging Celine 

"Oh no, mimi. She's not my girlfriend" Celine corrected her

"Oh" the woman replied "Bummer you two would have been a cute couple" Mimi teased "Well, just to let you know. We're happy for you" she said "But happier if you get a boyfriend" she turned to Morgan and winked "or girlfriend, already"

"Mimi"

"Well, I'll let you enjoy the party with your friend that is a girl" the woman bid goodbye "Nice to meet you Morgan. Take care of his one yeah? She's a keeper"

"Mimi, stop"

Morgan smiled "Don't worry ma'am, I will" she replied