Epilogue:

After four days, I was released from the hospital, the doctor recommended getting a further extension on my leave from class till my ankle was completely healed in two months, find help for around my apartment and to and from appointments as I couldn't drive during this period.

I didn't want to delay my studies for two months and graduate in the winter of 2022 instead of the summer of 2021. He recommended I then use a wheelchair if I insisted on going to classes until my ankle was healed enough to walk on.

Jack drove me to and from classes and to my appointments, I practically moved into his house because it was easier than commuting there most days to watch Oliver at night for him.

My apartment became a shell to only hold my furniture and cutlery which Patrick and Jasper eventually helped move to Jack's house. Jack was given a few days off to sort out everything at home before he went back to working fully.

Jasper and Patrick had their date set for April 1st, 2020. Our mother's chemo treatments were going as well as they were expected to. We saw our father around her room every once in a while, but he didn't have any choice words for us, I didn't know if she got him on the same page as us or if he'd just decided to keep his mouth shut.

Henry was charged with child endangerment, assault causing bodily harm, assault with a deadly weapon, restraining violation, battery, the list went on and on, and overall, he got twenty-five years with parole.

Our mother ended up passing away on May 21st, 2020 in her sleep. We held her funeral and every once in a while, we would see our father visiting her grave and well he had attended Patrick and Jasper's wedding he still seemed bitter about Patrick taking Jasper's last name.

Maybe there are things that will never change.