Chapter 2 - ULTRA

Mallory's POV

       I wake up freezing cold. I open my eyes.
       I'm on a bed. To my left there is a wooden bedside table. There's also a glass of water and two small purple pills. Then I see a note.
       "Take both pills and put on the clothes on the chair, then wait til your number is called through the intercom in-between."
       I took the paper to search for any clue on where I was. I didn't find anything though.
       I stood up. There were black slide-ons at the side of the bed.
       I walked over to the dark grey armchair where the clothes were. They were dark grey Like everything else in the room.
       There was a set of matching t-shirt and sweatpants. There was one word then a series of numbers on the shirt.
       Subject A1694GMK.
       I'm guessing that was what they meant when they "called my number."
I looked around my room there was no kind of window. There was a huge grey metal door, but there was no doorknob or anything to even open it, but there was like a mail slot but I didn't know what it was for.
     To the right of the door there was a dark wooden bookshelf. It was full of books and there were a couple empty notebooks and pens.
       So far that I could tell, there wasn't any kind of object I could use to defend myself, well besides my fists. Although that probably wouldn't get me far. Depending on security, if there was any.
       The intercom crackled.
       "Subject A1694GMK wait at the door." A bland voice said.
       I rushed to change into the clothes and put my shoes on and waited at the door has instructed.
       The door creaked open. There were 2 men. They looked normal. If I really wanted to I think I could take them but I had no idea where to run even if I did beat them. I decided it would be best to wait and see if there were an exits.
They grabbed my arms roughly yanking me along.
The hallway was long and the lights were flickering like the lights in the room i woke up in.
I heard people pounding on the doors and people yelling for help I also saw people looking through the mail slots.
There were five doors on on each side of the hallway. For every door there was a plaque. My door was second to last on the left.
Behind me there was another man. He looked similar to the guys gripping my arms.
       I looked ahead of me, there was an elevator with two more men and another almost circular looking hallway. I wonder where the hallway leaded to. Hopefully I wouldn't be here long enough to find out.
I was shoved into the elevator. Making me fall to the ground. I tried to get up but they shoved me down again. They were a lot stronger than they looked.
About 4 floors up we stopped. The hallway looked very similar to the one I was in but this one had no circular hallway.
There were 4 doors lettered ABCD. The guys dragged me to the door with an A on it.
There was one chair in the middle of the room, a tv in front of it, there was also an intercom similar to the first room. There was a keypad next to the door though and the room was 10 by 10 like the other room.
The guys shoved me on to the chair and strapped my arms down. Then they walked over and stood in the corners ahead of me.
The tv turned on snapping my head forward.
There was a women on the screen. She had brown shoulder length hair. With brown empty eyes. She smiled.
"Hello subject A1694GMK. Welcome to ULTRA. I am Miss Violet. You are here to help us create something beyond extraordinary. You are the future of human kind. You will help take us to the next step."
I sat quietly. Was that all she was gonna say. What did she mean when she said I was the future. Then the tv turned black.
The 2 men came towards me and unstrapped my wrists. I rubbed them. Then they pulled me up and started dragging me again.
       I started feeling dizzy and uneasy. Then I started to see spots.
       I fell to the ground despite the guys trying to yank me up. Then I saw nothing but darkness.

————————————————————————
Hello!
I have decided to only do one POV so it's not repetitive so I will be redoing the prologue and the first chapter I won't change it much but it will be in Mallory's POV
The other characters will still be in the book they just won't have a POV.
Sorry I keep changing my mind.