Chapter 8

Conners POV

"Ready or not!" I shouted.

I was 5 again. Hide and Seek was Mallory's and my favorite game when we were younger. We loved to hide and when the seeker came near us we jumped out and scared them. No one ever expected us to give up like that. Which is what made it so fun.

Mallory and I were never the 'follow the rules' kinda people, because what's the fun in that. Teachers hated us. But you only have one life. That's what Mallory always told me.

"You only got one life, live it the way you want to." She said. That's the way she lived. Her number one rule.

"Come out, come out where ever you are!" I called.

"Conner! Help me!" Mallory called out, her voice scratchy and scared.

"I'm coming Mallory." I said rushing to where I'd last heard her.

I was no longer playing hide and seek but I was back in that dark long hallway. And no longer 5 years old.

"Mallory." I said almost a whisper.

She didn't answer back this time.

"It's time." A loud voice said from the intercom.

"Time for what!" I yelled out. I was answered with silence.

Yet again I was in a place that id never been. A bright room with one table and two chairs on each side. Just like an interrogation room.

There was a tall woman speaking to a girl, I couldn't see the girls face though.

"Come join us, Conner." The woman said. Just then the girl turned.

"Mallory?" I said, a quiver in my voice.

"Come join us, Conner." She said smiling. She looked kind and sweet while she said it but there was evil in her eyes. Evil I'd never seen in her before.

I walk over to the chair Mallory pulled out for me.

Mallory scooted closer and kisses me on the cheek. Which was odd considering she hated touching most people.

I shot up. I was no longer in that nightmare but back on my bed. Dripping in a cold sweat.

I stand up and get dressed for another long nightmarish day.

It's been about two hours since I woke up and there hasn't been any food or anything on the intercom.

—————-

It's been about a day since I got food. Still nothing.