Chapter 6 - Conner

Mallory's POV

I didn't fall asleep at all last night. My eyes still strung from crying so much. I couldn't stop thinking about what I did to them and that I'd probably never see any of them again and that's what hurt the most.

A new pile of clothes and a towel slid in through the mail slot. They also slid in breakfast. One slice of watermelon, a plain pancake, milk, and an orange. At least it wasn't the same breakfast everyday.

I was starving but I could only get down the slice of watermelon, I felt to sick for anything else.

I just rewatched a movie waiting for shower time, I wanted to talk to A14B7GI.

The intercom buzzed. "SHOWER TIME CORRIDOR A1."

I grabbed my stuff and headed for the door waiting for it to open.

I walked out into the hallway and looked to my left which was A14B7GI's room.

I turned to my right. "Do you know where the guy at the end is?" I asked.

He just put his hand up and gestured for me to be quite.

"He was taken to the doctors room. At least that's where he was last night." The girl across from me said, she looked worried though.

"Oh." I was trembling what if they killed him. He's the only one that really talked to me when I first got here.

The line started moving taking me out of my thoughts.

I finished taking a shower than I lined up at the door.

When we went out we headed in a different direction.

"Where are we going?" I whispered to the girl I spoke to earlier.

"They call it interaction time. It's everyday, every week for 5 hours. It's exactly what it sounds like."

"Oh, okay." I said with worry in my voice.

"Don't worry it isn't scary you just go and talk with other people in section A."

"Oh, that's good." I started to get excited what if my friends are there. I might actually see them again. A smile crept up. This is the happiest I've been since I got here.

We enter a large room. There are basketball hoops, nets, tables, punching bags, and so much more. What's the point of it though?

We were the first people in here. I'm guessing the others will come after their showers.

"You can come sit with me and my friends, I've noticed you just got here." The girl whose been talking to me this whole time said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"I'm A12B46LG. Yours?"

"A1694GMK. Why doesn't anyone use real names."

"Let's just say their forbidden. Anyways you wanna sit with us?"

"I wanna look around first. I'm hoping my friends are here. I was with them when I was taken." I said with sorrow in my eyes. I could see the sorrow in hers too.

"Okay, well come look for me if you change your mind." She said smiling at me. It didn't reach her eyes though.

I sat down and looked around. Then the door opened and ten more people came in. I didn't know any of them. They looked at me though, they noticed I was new.