Chapter 7

Conners POV

I get back to my room and I already miss Mallory.

All I wanted to do was tell her it's alright but I can't lie to her, we are trapped, kidnapped. Nothing was okay.

My eyes start to swell up at the thought of never getting out. I didn't want to cry in front of Mallory though, that would just break her more than she already was, and I couldn't do that to her.

Tears started streaming out of my eyes, it stung. I wasn't much of a crier so it felt odd.

I went to my bed where a bowl of noodle soup and a sandwich sat, I hated noodle soup, but I was starving so I ate it anyways.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Mallory said. How she was in a room with metal walls. Although that was the least odd thing she said. Why didn't she want to tell me. We told each other absolutely everything. No matter how weird or embarrassing it was.

Did she not want to worry me or was it just that painful. I couldn't get my mind off it though.

I tried to sleep but yet again I couldn't. I haven't since the day I got here, which probably wasn't healthy.

I thought that It'd be easier to sleep knowing Mallory was alive. But that made it worse. All I wanted to do was grab her and run but I knew I couldn't do that, it was to unsafe. I would do anything to protect her though, even if it meant dying.

Mallory was always my best friend, I mean I have other best friends but she was my best best friend. That wasn't all Mallory was though. I've always liked her more than that, I always wanted more. But I can never tell her that, I know she wouldn't feel the same and that would just make things weird between us.

I do wonder what it would be like though. Being able to kiss her and tell everyone around that she was mine. Not in a controlling way but in a way people knew I loved her and she loved me.

I have to stop thinking about her though, I need to sleep even if it's hard. If I don't sleep I will never have enough energy to break us all out.

I swear on my life I will do anything in my power to save us. To save my friends. 

I close my eyes and wait for sleep, but I couldn't get Mallory's face out of my mind. I couldn't sleep knowing she thought this was her fault. It wasn't.

It was mine. I was the one who told her about her dad. I also didn't try that hard to convince her that we should just go to Idaho instead. I just wish she'd listen to me, I wish I could just get through to her and make her understand and let her know she isn't alone in this. Mallory was always to stubborn for that though. She believed what she believed, and I admired that, but sometimes she was just to darn stubborn to open her eyes and realize what was going on.

I closed my eyes, trying yet again to fall asleep so I would have strength for tomorrow. Yet again, I found my body restless unable to sleep. I just lay there hoping at one point sleep will overcome me.