Wedding Bells

happy august 10th everyone!

this date has no significant meaning but we're back!!!

(yayyy)

since we've skipped so many specials (15k, 20k, 25k), we're (maybe) doing a giant special next chapter. maybe. (probably) (definitely). any ideas? we're open to them!

if you have any questions for a possible q&a, please ask!

and if you'd like any commissions (ie: request a special, request a one-shot, covers or anything else) we're welcoming those as of now! read the bottom author's note to find out more!

thank you for your continual support of this story, we couldn't do this without you!

be ready for

- more sokeefe

-  heartbreaking twists

- and lots of other specials!

thank you for reading this authors note and on to the story!

~ anna and katlyn

July 26th, Alternate Universe, Mid-Afternoon

Sophie:

Right away I could tell something was wrong. Grady looked older, but weren't elves forever young? He had bags under his eyes, giving the impression that he hadn't slept in days, which was probably the case. He seemed lost, off-focused, off-balanced, like his center of gravity had shifted and he never quite gotten used to it.

"Um, where's Edaline?" I ventured, peering around the shop for a glimpse of my foster-mother. I was looking for a flash of strawberry-blonde hair, but I was instead greeted with a mostly empty shop, which made no sense, since Slurps and Burps was the best alchemy shop in the Lost Cities and Edaline and Grady went everywhere together.

Grady's gaze hardened. "You know, Sophie, you have a lot of nerve coming here and speaking her name, after everything you've done," he spat, narrowing his eyes at me.

"K-Keefe?" I stammered, gripping said person's hand like a lifeline. He gripped mine back, just as tight, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

"Grady," reprimanded Kesler, laying a hand on his shoulder, but Grady shrugged it off and continued to glare at me. "Grady," said Kesler again. "It wasn't her fault. And it happened so long ago. Sophie's made mistakes, yes, but hasn't everyone? She's made up for them. You can't dwell on the past."

"I-I'm sorry," I murmured, pressing a hand to my forehead. "I think I have a headache. Keefe, we should go."

"Foster-" he tried, but I was already yanking him out of the shop. The bell on the door jingled, but even in the busy city of Atlantis, I could hear it loud and clear. The water above us seemed as though it would come crashing down on our heads any second, even though Linh had already saved Atlantis.