60K SPECIAL! Fitz: The Long Way Home

this was requested by Nami_0oO and i honestly fell in love with the idea, so here you go, a full chapter of fitz being a jackass! i tried to make him a bit better, but still..

we all wanted this, don't lie to yourself

(also it's fun to drag out cliffhangers)

~anna

honestly this could take place at any time really

Biana POV:

"You really shouldn't be here," I warned Fitz, having followed him silently after he sneaked out of Everglen. "It's after hours, and you haven't even bothered to visit Sophie before this."

"I couldn't stand to see Sophie in a coma," he said with a slightly apologetic smile, sweeping his hair off of his forehead.

I tried my hardest to shoot daggers at him with my eyes. "She visited you every day when you got stabbed by that Arthropleura. It's the least you could do to visit her once a week."

"Look, it's not my fault that school's been busy-" he tried to argue, but I saw right through him.

"You're just jealous," I teased. "You were going to visit her last week, but then I told you that she said Keefe's name and you suddenly got flooded with homework."

"That's-that's not true!" protested Fitz, blushing to the tips of his ears. "I was going to visit her, but then Sir Astin-"

"Sir Astin doesn't teach your Level," I said, putting a stop to his rambling (though it was rather fun to watch him suffer). "I just don't understand why you're sneaking in to the Healing Center at night."

"Well, I just don't understand why you followed me."

"You were sneaking out your window wearing a mask! Excuse me for being concerned!"

"I just wanted to visit Sophie!" argued Fitz. "I don't see what's wrong with that!"

"Well," I said, taking a deep breath before I started my speech. "Do you want the list in alphabetical or chronological order?"

"Chronological, please," said Fitz with a sigh, running a hand through his hair again.

"For starters, you totally forgot about Keefe. Not cool, Fitz. He's your best friend, or at least he was. Now it's like you don't even care about him anymore! You only care about Sophie!"

"Of course I care about Keefe! We're best friends, you already know this Biana," Fitz argued, being entirely too loud for his attempted break-in of Foxfire.

"Fitz, have you ever considered the fairly obvious fact that you and Keefe are drifting apart?"

"We are not drifting apart!" Fitz shouted, and if anyone was around they would hear him. He was really bad at sneaking into places.