In Which Sophie and Keefe Are Blind

...so i'm thinking about starting a roleplay and i already know it's a bad idea cause i have two unfinished books that i never update but whatever i love breaking promises!

someone please tell me this is a bad idea.

anyways, enjoy this long-awaited update!

~anna

somewhere, sometime, someplace

Keefe's POV:

Okay, so I guess it's official now. Naomi's been planning for hours exactly how I'm going to ask Sophie out on a date, mostly so she can get us out of the house to do who knows what (probably host a party or something, knowing her), but also to help us with our practically nonexistent love life.

That hits a little too close to home. Who knew that an 8-year-old could be so perceptive? Definitely not Foster, given that she's oblivious to practically everything in life.

(Including my not-so-secret crush on her, thank God.)

(Imagine if she found out? That would probably be the second-biggest accident to ever occur in the Lost Cities, right behind the Great Gulon Incident.)

(Sophie's still mad that she hasn't been able to figure out what happened during that infamous day at Foxfire. Well, too bad - I'm not telling her, and I don't think Fitz will either.)

"Daddy!" shouts Naomi, banging on my bedroom door. "I can hear you overthinking everything and it's giving me a headache, so you better stop!"

I can't decide if I've done a brilliant job bringing her up or utterly failed as a parent. Honestly, it's up for interpretation.

"Mommy wants to talk to you! Remember what we planned!" she shouts again, which only adds to my mounting headache. Naomi has two volumes, deafening and slightly less loud but definitely still screaming. She needs to have an off-button, I swear.

(I would be a horrible parent. Someone please remind me in the future if I ever even consider the thought of having kids.)

(Then again, I've got three of them - I can't have done as horrible of a job as I think I will.)

(But then we have to take into account Malik's self-absorbance. And Favian's obsession with books. And Naomi's... Naomi-ness.)

(Parenting is hard. And I've only been here for a week or so, not to mention a few decades.)

Oh right. Sophie wants to see me.

...and then I'm going to have to ask her out. On a date.

When did my life get so complicated?

Really, Naomi's just making it unnecessarily more so. Why do we have to keep up a false pretense of being a happy family? My family certainly isn't, what with the evil father and slightly more literally evil mother. Aren't most families dysfunctional, for that matter?