Falling Stars

hey,

we're at 36k, which means... another special is on its way(!!!), but we thought you guys deserved an actual chapter and not filler, so here you go~

~ anna

~ katlyn

~ katlyn

July 27th, Alternate Universe, Early Afternoon

Keefe:

I used to think I'd never fall in love. I'd see my friends' girlfriends or their parents and think, that's never going to happen to me. That's what everyone thinks, I'm pretty sure. They think "I'm never going to fall in love." Then you see them, standing across the room and your heart stops for a beat. And then your vision tunnels and everything else fades away and then. Well. Then you fall.

I think I'm still falling, if that's possible. I'm falling in slow motion, and someday either someone's going to catch me or I'm going to hit the ground. Hard. Sophie's not going to catch me, I don't think. My life isn't some fairy-tale romance, and Foster hasn't got enough coordination to walk in a straight line, and definitely not enough strength to catch a falling elf.

I'd still trust her with my life, though. I have trusted her with my life. Multiple times. She's saved me every time. She's saved everyone. Sometimes I don't think I'm enough. Even if she, by some miracle, fell for me, I don't think it would last. She's the sun, and I'm just some stupid asteroid flying around in space. A meaningless speck.

A falling star.

Sophie Foster is going to be in our history books. She's already been labeled our savior. She already has a fanbase. (I'm still the president, much to Fitz's chagrin.) I wonder what I'll be, when they write a book about her? Probably a footnote in her soon-to-written biography. A whole chapter, if I'm lucky.

She'll probably end up with Fitz and forget about me. In twenty years, someone will ask her, "Do you remember Keefe?" and she'll ask, "Who?" Because she doesn't need me. She's never needed me. I've always been the one pressuring her. She'd probably have left me behind ages ago if I hadn't stuck by her side for so long.