Chapter Four

~Keep getting the feeling you wanna leave this all behind~

For the first night, we all just stayed in and did our own things. After that utter fail of a Truth or Dare, we all decided it would just be best to have a night to ourselves. I pretty much stayed in my room and laid in bed; just thinking about everything that's happened in the past few days.

I still can't believe that Louis called up Sugarscape and told them we're over. We didn't even really have a proper discussion about it. . . or even breakup sex. I was jilted out of breakup sex. . . how dare he! In my mind, it just feels like this is all a terrible, terrible nightmare.

But unfortunately, I hear the birds chirping first thing in the morning which reminds me that this is not a dream, but rather, my sucky-ass reality. Why we're in Punta Cana, I still don't know. Niall probably thinks he can get Louis and I back together or something, but I doubt that's going to work. We're both too hurt and heartbroken to even talk about it.

Niall pops his head in my room and says, "Hey, we're all going to Manuel's for breakfast. Be ready in ten."

-     -     -

"Aren't you going to give your old friend a hug?" Viktor asks me, after having hugged everyone else.

The moment we walked in, Viktor spotted us and ran over. He was grinning from ear to ear and he looked so excited. It made me happy that I got to see him again, but I didn't like the circumstances as to why we're able to see him again. This whole trip is just a pathetic reminder that Louis and I used to be in love, and that it's all over now. It's in the past.

"Of course," I force a smile and walk over to him.

I wrap my arms around him loosely, simply giving him a friendly hug. It's only when he hugs me back and starts rubbing my back that I almost break down right in front of him. Suddenly, I'm holding Viktor super tight and I bury my head in his chest; holding back the fountain of tears. And instantaneously, it's as if all the pain, the anger, the bitterness, and the hatred go away. I have a genuine smile on my face for the first time in what feels like months. I feel happy; I feel like I can conquer what's going on and move past it. I start to think to myself that maybe, just maybe everything can be fixed after all with some hard work and a lot of effort.

Viktor lets go of the hug and immediately, the rush of happiness disappears for good. I feel like my old self again: empty, and bitter. That's when I realize, there is no fixing this. Being back here in Punta Cana won't fix me and Louis's relationship. I can't help but laugh inside my head.

Who am I kidding? What 'relationship'? He broke up with you through a magazine Harry.

We walk over to our regular table and notice an American family of tourists are sitting there. Viktor notices and rushes over. He looks at them and shakes his head.

"You guys need to move. Sorry, this is reserved."

"We're halfway through our meal," the mom groaned. "This is really unprofessional, I can't believe this. The service here is ridiculous, I'm going to write a nasty Yelp review and then–"

"If you sit anywhere else, your meals are free."

The family quickly shuffles out of the booth and the five of us laugh our asses off.  We sit down and Liam is sitting between me and Louis. Now usually, I would hate that and just wine that he's cockblocking us, but I'm actually thankful right now. I don't want to sit next to Louis or be near him during any of this trip. It's too painful and there's too much anger between us. When I get too close to him, I can practically feel the hostility between the two of us.