Chapter Nine

~Is it too much to ask for something great~

Everything is blank and for a second, I'm very confused. Where am I? The last thing I remember being was asking Liam if he still wanted to go see a movie even though we were high. How long has it been? Am I safe? What about Louis? And the rest of the gang? And more importantly... why can I only see white?

And that's when I finally realized what's happening: I'm dreaming. This is just like the dream I had a couple nights ago... but if I remember, if I start walking then eventually I will run into Louis just like I did in the last dream.

So here I am, walking down the path of nothing with utter silence surrounding me with every step I take. Not even my movements make sound... it's horrifyingly eerie. But thankfully, I arrive to my destination and am now standing right in front of Louis. He looks at me for one second before opening his mouth to speak.

"The missing–"

"Thanks a lot for leaving me alone in the movie theatre, jerk...s?" Liam exclaims, barging into my room but seems confused when he sees Louis's head pop up beside me. "Why are you both in the same bed?"

Sorry, what?

Louis and I look at each other for a quick second but immediately look away once our eyes meet. He gets off the bed and inspects the floor, grabbing his shirt he was wearing last night and quickly shoving it on. I slowly pull my legs up to my chest and focus on the sheets while Liam keeps rambling on.

"Never mind that," he continues, unaware of the sheer awkwardness, "the better question is why you two decided to leave me alone at a movie theatre while I was intoxicated?!"

"We did?" Louis asks, confused.

Yeah, that doesn't ring a bell to me either.

"I have to admit, I don't remember this either Li," I sheepishly confess.

Liam's mouth drops open and he shakes his head. "Unbelievable," he mutters to himself, "just freaking unbelievable. Well, thanks for ditching me and not even telling me where you were going. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to drink litres and litres of water to flush this green devil lettuce out of my system."

He starts to leave and Louis quickly interjects, "Liam, that's not how that–"

He turns back and glares at us before walking out and closing the door shut, leaving us by ourselves. Shit. I'm alone with Louis, and even worse... I don't remember a single thing that happened yesterday!

Louis coughs awkwardly before gathering his balled-up socks from the ground and quickly making his way to the door. My mind begins to panic and I nervously bite down on my knuckle. Say something before he leaves, Harry, quickly!

"Listen," I semi-cry out. Louis turns back to me and his eyes burn holes through mine. I gulp nervously and take a deep breath. "I have no idea what happened yesterday but I am so sorry we ended up in the same bed. I know things between us are awkward and I would never want to hurt you... again. After we broke up, I vowed to never hurt you again so I don't know what happened last night, but I promise you that even in my woozy mind, I did my very best to be respectful and keep my distance."

I take a step forward to him, but then realize what I'm doing and quickly take two giant steps back. I bite down on my bottom lip as I involuntarily feel my eyes fill with tears. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I try again and say in a shaky voice, "I can even do some investigating to see where we went off to yesterday and see if there were witnesses so we can find out what happened? I just want to make you feel safe. I didn't do that in the past and I want to make up for it now... I have to make up for it. You deserved better than how I treated you so I'm going to make it my duty to treat you only with respect and kindness."