Chapter Eight

~Be it a false one I know~

If I was sober, I would have been overthinking everything and probably would have either pulled away or simply not kissed back... but I'm not sober. I'm high, and high as a fucking kite. So instead, my hands instinctively cup both sides of his face and I begin to move my lips with his; suddenly feeling a rush of familiarity and safety... a feeling that I'm back home again.

I let out a small power-hungry groan and Louis takes that as an invitation to slip his tongue through my mouth. Although my eyes are closed, I suddenly see a rush of different colours exploding all around me. The kiss is intense... as if it's burning a hole through both of our mouths. But we can't stop; I know I certainly can't. It's too addicting; I want more and more and–

My thoughts get interrupted when I feel Louis's hands slide down my waist and hungrily grab my ass. I whimper slightly into the kiss and run my hands through his hair. My lips start to feel puffy but I can't give a damn at this moment. Nothing is as important as this moment right here.

"Harry," Louis mumbles breathlessly in between kisses.

"Hmm?" I reply, not pulling away.

"I–"

"Boys! Why didn't you tell me that we ate weed brownies? I have a massive headache and – OH MY GOD!"

Louis and I immediately sprang up and moved six feet away from each other. There was Liam, rubbing his eyes in shock with his mouth wide open.

"I must be having déjà vu...," he mumbled to himself. He had started pacing around Louis's room while the two of us stayed silent and stared at the ground. "That has to be it, because, well, you two hate each other at the moment. Chances are you'd rather be killing each other instead of kissing. I must be asleep, yeah... that's it. I'm asleep."

Liam grinned at us and nodded before saying, "Goodnight boys."

Then he left the room, shutting the door behind him. I exhaled and slowly turned to Louis, who looked super confused. I took a cautious two steps closer to him before gently saying, "Lou... you doing okay?"

The older boy slowly looked at me, before taking a few more steps until our faces were only a few inches away from one another. His blue eyes burned their way through mine as he whispered, "We're high?"

-     -     -

We ended up going back to Liam's room after not finding him anywhere else on the resort. Turns out, he had gone back to sleep and woke up without asking any follow up questions. I genuinely believe he thinks nothing happened and it was just his imagination.

Shit... what if that means I won't remember this later on when I'm no longer high?

I shake those thoughts off as we walk into the movie theatre. Zayn and Niall had left a note saying they were off doing some fancy couple stuff or whatever, which meant the three of us were left to watch a movie like we had mentioned the day before.

Well, that was the plan before we got high out of our minds, but Liam still wanted to go for some reason. So here we are, the three of us walking into Disney's Inside Out. Can you guess who picked that one?

It wasn't me or Louis, that's for sure. Before I know it, the movie starts and suddenly, we're a good half hour into the film. All of the colours are absolutely mesmerizing when under the influence and the characters are so likeable – maybe this was a good choice after all!

I turn to Liam to whisper this to him only to realize he's sleeping. I shake my head in disbelief and turn to Louis, who was looking right at me. My eyes widen in surprise but I push that to the side as I whisper, "Did you know Liam's asleep?"