Chapter Seven

~We made a start~

When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't remember a single thing I had dreamed about the night before. It was as if all my dreams were blank; an empty canvas. That's how I felt the moment Louis and I broke up... and I was afraid this was my new reality.

Instead of contemplating this even more, I decide to get out of bed and head to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Once I showered and changed, I walked into the kitchen to find a plate stacked with delicious-looking brownies on it. My mouth immediately watered at the sight and I walked over, my stomach growling contently.

I take a bite of the brownie and moan softly to myself. Damn, whoever made these brownies did a fantastic job. Before I know it, I finish my first brownie and grab my second, happily munching on the chocolaty-goodness. Just as I'm eating the last few bites of my brownie, Liam walks in and stares at the plate.

"Who made the treats?" he asks.

"Dunno," I shrug, staring back at the plate as well, "but damn those were good."

"Alright," Liam smiles, walking over to the counter, "you've sold me."

I watch him as he takes his first bite and laugh as he immediately has the same reaction as me. I smirk to myself and add, "Was I right? Or was I right?"

"You were right," Liam groans in between bites, already grabbing a second one. "These are the best brownies I've ever had; Louis, here, have one! It's so gooey and delicious; the perfect breakfast."

By the time I turn my head to look at my ex-boyfriend, he is already eating the treat Liam had offered him. He eats quietly while he looks at the ground; avoiding eye contact with both of us. Not that Liam's looking at him anyways, no, he's grabbing his second brownie. Louis simply nods in agreement, remaining silent.

I open my mouth to say something, but immediately lose my train of thought when Louis looks right up into my eyes. I instantly freeze on the spot and feel like I can't move; I can't even close my mouth. He stares at me for a few seconds before looking away. My face turns a deep shade of red and I clear my throat, trying to compose myself.

"Did anyone decide on a movie?" I ask slowly.

Both Liam and Louis shake their heads. Liam swallows another big bite of his brownie before saying, "Maybe Niall and Zayn have an idea?"

"I think they're still asleep," Louis adds.

"We can go the three of us?" I suggest.

Louis stiffens and I bite down on my tongue. My heart rate picks up and suddenly I find myself blabbing on and on. "I mean, Liam can sit in between us if that makes you feel better. Or I can even watch my own movie, we only really need to split a cab if I'm being honest– well, actually, we can afford our own cabs if we really want to and–"

"Harry," Louis interrupts, "it's fine. We'll all go. We can be civil with one another, yeah?"

I immediately nod as if on cue. I can't stop nodding my head. I can see Louis looking at me up and down with a confused look on his face, but I can't stop. This is the first time he's said my name since we've been on vacation. Saying someone's name seems very personal doesn't it? Does that mean something? Has he missed saying my name? Because I've sure missed hearing it... with his sweet, soft, honey-like voice. Focus Harry, focus.

I take a deep breath and reply, "Okay, sounds good! We'll leave here in what? An hour?"

"Sure," Liam nods, oblivious to me and Louis's intense staring contest. "I'll go check on the 'couple' and see if they're up for it."