Chapter 11

Chapter 11

AN: Hi everyone! I'm Back! My first year is finally over. Now I can focus more on my stories than my studies. Hopefully my results will improve. Anyway, I have a month plus worth of vacation so I got a job at a local Veterinary clinic. Don't worry; it will only be from 10 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon so I got the rest of day to write my stories. Well here is chapter 11! I actually thought up the main plot of this chapter during Cell Biology revision lecture.
Ha ha, don't let any one else know though, my friends and teacher thought I was actually paying attention and copied a whole pile of notes but let's face it, I have been studying this subject for the past six months and I am still clueless. Well onward with the story.
Disclaimer: I do not own Jurassic Park, only Rae and the rest of the Ocs.

"Now, let's see what I can find." I said to myself. I did not feel like eating apples again, so I had to see what else is available. Sorin was behind me, watching my every movement; maybe he still thought that I was going to run away. I will not lie and say that I have already given up on that thought but let's face the harsh truth. Even if I managed to run away, how was I to know if there were other people left on the island, hell I do not even know if they are still alive.
"Alive eh, you guys can't be dead." I muttered, it had not really hit me that all the people that I knew and loved were still alive. Okay, let me rephrase. People like Josh and Mr. Hammond that I loved were still alive, Arnold and Simon are still okay. The T-Rex could have Denise though, I did not give a rat's ass.
I had sort of pushed it to the back of my mind, I did not want to run away, just to find out that I am left alone on this island and then end up as a walking meal to to other dinosaurs that now roamed freely on the island. I mean, come on I am not that stupid plus I felt sort of happy and contented living with Sorin and the rest of the raptors.
Okay off topic here, what to eat now? I want something more substantial but that would mean meat, and then meat would mean hunting. Take that and add it up and it will equals to, I am no way going to eat dinosaur meat plus I have no idea how to hunt! Oh yea, the tourist center and cookhouse should still have food. Yay! Human food and no dinosaur meat!
With that thought I was satisfied but I saw Sorin and that idea was now hanging out of the window. Well even if there was food there, I highly doubt Sorin will even let me within 20 meters of the buildings.
Well looks like I will just have to find out later on. I had a rough idea of where we were; there was the soft echo of running water so we were pretty close to the main watering hole slash waterfall. Now, once there I will just have to orientate myself and then vola, I will know the way to food!
Marron had woken up sometime when I was lost in thoughts and was chirping at me.
"Morning sleepy head." I greeted. Marron wriggled in my arms so I took it as he was asking to be placed down and did just that. They little guy was so cute! Once his two small feet was on the ground, he was looking and sniffing at anything and everything that he saw.
"Don't wonder too far off kiddo." I warned Marron as the little guy wandered a bit too far off in front of us. I did not want the little guy to end up being a snack for other dinosaurs. Marron apparently just realized that and quickly came scampering back, making me laugh a little.

My human is up to something that is for sure. I can almost hear the gears turning in that cute little head of hers. I sincerely hope she is thinking of what to eat and not some new plan to escape, I do not need the hassle of having to chase her down with Marron in tow.
Why does she not eat the red balls? I meant that was she ate yesterday, unless humans ate more than red balls. I must say that I did enjoy the sight of MY human with the chick as she walked through the forest. I felt like a father though the chick is not mine, I was proud and strutted behind the two, keeping an eye and ear out for any danger.
We were near the waterfall, maybe my human wanted to shower and take a drink. I, myself would probably hunt while she showers and drinks. I am the alpha and her MATE if I had my way and say, so I will provide for both my pack and her. End of story.
"Down alpha. Down please." A little voice chirped. I guess Marron was awake. At least the chick knew who was his Alphas. I watched as my human place the chick down and he scurried off to explore the surroundings. Kids, I will call him back when he actually starts to wonder off too far. Apparently, my mate thought otherwise and called him, sending the chick running back and her laughing.
We continued to stroll for another ten minutes until we reached the waterfall. It was relatively empty save for a few brontosaurs and duck bills. I did not even bother with them and them with us, there was no way I could take any of them down without the pack. I was better off going to find something smaller to hunt.
My mate had ran straight for the water once we stepped into the opening, Marron ran after my mate chirping loudly. All the surroundings dinosaurs quickly turned towards the two of them, warily. My mate had thrown herself into the clear water, motioning for the chick to join her. They were creating such a racket like a bunch of chicks playing that I bet you that the whole island could hear them.
It seems like I am the only adult present among the three of us, with a shake of my head I cast one last look at my mate and the chick before walking away to go hunt.

Marron's POV

"Alpha, carry me please. Carry me." I pleaded, the water was deep and I did not know how to swim unlike all the other chicks. My new Alpha was happily paddling in the water, calling for me to join. I continued to whine hoping that she will come swimming back and carry me.
"Oh sweetie, what are you so scared off?" She cooed at me.
"I can't swim." I chirped back, I was not sure if she could really understand me since she was a human after all. However, it seemed as though she got the gist of it and picked me up, carrying me with her in the water. I licked her to show my happiness. It has been a very long time since my mummy and daddy did not return.
I really missed them but they never came back. I was left to watch all my other friends enjoy their time with their parents while I was always alone. That was until yesterday when she, our pack's new alpha female started to take care of me. I was really happy, I felt like my mummy was back here with me. I hope this never ends and that she will not leave me.

"Water!" I shouted, when we stepped out of the forest into the open plains. I made a mad dash for the clear, inviting water to wash away all the dirt and grim that had adhered themselves to me after all these days.
It felt so good and I splashed around before turning back to the back to see little Marron standing nervously at the edge, chirping. I motioned for him to come into the water but he made this weird sound that sounded oddly like a whine. So I went to pick him up and carried him with me in the water.
The two of us continued to splash around a little more then I turned to call Sorin to join us.
"Hey! Where did he go?" I asked, looking around.

{ Author's Notes }

Keep in mind that I do not own this book and that I have fixed any spelling errors/sentences that don't seem right throughout the entire books