Chapter 13

Chapter 13

AN: Sorry for the lag, I had spent the last three days at my friend's chalet to celebrate his 18th birthday and going to work, so no computer and time available. Another chapter to make for the times I did not update. Thank you for all the reviews, they really make me want to write more and more.
Disclaimer: I do not own Jurassic park only the OC

"FOOD!" I yelled in joy when I saw the scrumptious spread laid out on the buffet table at the Tourist centre restaurant. I dropped the Compies onto the ground near a table, before making a beeline to the end of the buffet table to grab a plate. I was starving and did not give a heck of table etiquette at the moment and piled as much food as possible onto plate.
I piled a total of two and half plates before carefully balancing them towards the nearest table. Ooo...who ever knew that food could ever taste so good. Heck, even my hated fish tasted like heaven. (AN: I don't like to eat fish but it was really heaven when I was in a survival camp three years ago.)
Marron had dragged one of the compies to the foot of my table and started to dig into it. Sorin was a different story; he was huffing and puffing over my food.
"Hey, you're getting your saliva and who knows what germs on my food!" I complained, knocking him gently on the snout. I was rewarded with a short growl before he bent down and picked up the one of the remaining two compies and dumped it onto the table. On MY Plate!
"Ew!" I yelled, "Sorin! That's gross!" scrambling to get out of my chair. Sorin looked at me and whined, looking sad. He then walked away towards the opposite wall, stared at the photos of the chefs there and growled. Oh crap, did I hurt his feelings? How? What did I do?
That was when it struck me that he had actually hunted the compy for me and I was rejecting his goodwill right in his face. Talk about a slap to the face!
"Oh Sorin, I did not mean to hurt your feeling. I...well...I...let's just say that I am not use to eating what you eat. Give me time to get use to it okay? I'm really sorry." I apologized, walking over to where he stood. He turned his head away, like he was still upset.
"Ah. Don't be like that you big cutie. I really did not meant to hurt your feelings. I'm really glad that I have you here to keep me company and to have you hunt for me." I cooed, standing on my tippy toes so that I could fling my hands around his broad shoulders.

After taking one glance at the pictures of some male humans dressed in white with really ridiculously tall white feathers surrounded by food, I could not help but feel hurt and angry that my mate, my OWN mate would eat the food that these males provided and not mine. I was still scowling when my mate came up behind me and apologized.
Not used to my food? I can give her time but did she really have to reject it completely? I turned my head away, still upset. Then my mate apologized again and thanked me, but the only thing that my brain could concentrate on was that my mate was hugging me. I felt my hurt and anger ebb away and become a faint scar.
I decided to allow time for my mate to get used to my food and that she was allowed to eat what ever she was eating now. Knowing that she cannot really understand me, I turned back to lick her across the face. Apparently, she got the hint and gave me a peck on the check before removing her arms from around me.
At least through all this I managed to solve the riddle on why my mate was unable to hunt. According to the pictures that are in front of me, only human males hunted. No wonder my mate was as helpless as a newborn, the entire male, well all the humans have been either killed or have left the island.
I was the only one aside from my pack that was capable of providing her with food. Of course, she will have to learn to hunt with the pack and I will slowly teach her. With that thought, I picked up the last compy, carried it to where my mate and Marron were now eating and joined them, digging into my own breakfast.

I am stuffed! My tummy was finally full and I felt contented. Sorin and Marron were also finished with their breakfast, bones and remains littered the ground.
"Come on guys, I want to go take a shower back at my room." I said, getting up from the chair and heading for the exit.
The whole place was as quiet as a graveyard and even emptier than one. My footsteps, Marron's and Sorin's Claw-steps were the only sounds that echoed along the hallway of the dormitories. We finally reached my door and I opened it, happy to be able to see my beloved room once again.
"Welcome to my room boys!" I exclaimed, twirling around while the two raptors looked around. Marron was like a kid; well he is a kid, let's just say a human kid in the toy store. He was all over the room, sniffing and poking at everything.
"Okay boys. I'm going to take a shower. No breaking anything." I warned before heading off to grab whatever necessities and entered the bathroom.

Marron's Pov

This whole nest smells of Alpha. Weeeee...everything here is just weird but interesting and I want to discover them all! I was digging through some stuff when I saw a piece of white with three letters on it.
"Uncle Sorin. What's this?" I asked.
"It's her name." Unca Sorin said after staring at it for a while.
"Oh... How do you say it?" I asked again.
"Rae." He answered.

Sorin's pov

Rae. My mate's name is Rae, I kept repeating it, liking how her name rolled from my tongue. If it was not for the little brat finding that piece of paper with my mate's name on it, I would have never found out her name. Rae, my mate, had gone into some cave and I could hear running water and the sweet smell that was associated with her. I wondered what she was doing but I did not want to disturb her. Plus, I could now look through what she has in her nest.
I saw a big pile with my mate on it, so I went in for a closer look.

I felt refreshed and clean after nice hot shower. I quickly dressed before going back to my room and was greeted with the sight of Sorin bending over something on the floor.
"Whatcha looking at Sorin?" I asked, going nearer, "Oh my photo album."
Sorin was looking at my photo album that recorded most of my life on this island and a bit of my life before I met Hammond. I went to take the book from him and sat down my bed, Sorin followed me while Marron was still scurrying around my room.
We spent the next ten minutes looking at the photos, okay it was more like we both looked while I told him every single thing that happened that led to each photo.
"This one, this one was is the most recent one. It was taken at the hospital while both Josh and I were being patched up from the Triceratop incident. Look at that big baby's face. Haha. Come on let's go show Josh this and laugh some more." I said loudly, getting up from the bed running out of the room.
"Josh! Josh! Open up! I wanna show you something! JOSH!" I yelled, banging on the said dude's door but no one came to open it. I continued this for a while before reaching for the doorknob, knowing that Josh sometimes forgot to lock the door.
The door creaked open and I bounded inside.
"Josh?" I called, looking around the whole room and even the washroom but he was nowhere to be found. I was starting to get really confused as to where he was when I recalled what had happened.
No one was on this island anymore, except for the dinosaurs and myself. Everyone that I had known was dead, eaten up by the dinosaurs or had managed to escape and was never ever going to come back. I was alone on this island.
I crawled into Josh's bed and curled up right in the center. There was no more denying the truth, I was all alone in this place. End of story. My only memory of all of them was this photo album. If I lost it, I loose everything. The tears kept running down my face and I could not control it at all.
Suddenly, something climbed behind me. I turned around, in hopes of seeing Josh or anyone that I knew. Heck even Denise but it was Sorin.
"Sorin..." I sobbed, "you...you're all I have left."

I was enjoying myself as Rae, my mate shared with me all about herself then she got all excited when she came to a picture with both her and that human male, some dolt named Josh that I could not really recognized. She then got up and ran out from her nest to go find that male.
I huffed in annoyance. What is so good about human males? Sighing, I got up and went to find my mate. Imagine my horror when I found her curled up in that male's nest. Now I remember who Josh is, he was the one that came into my cage before with my mate. I was going to growl at Rae to get off his nest before she got that dolt's scent on her but my nose was assaulted with salt and ears with sobs.
My heart broke when I realized that my mate was crying. I did not even have to wonder or ask, I knew that my mate has finally realized that she was the only human left on this island. I pushed aside my disgust of the human male's scent and climbed into the nest to go comfort my mate. My Rae.

{ Author's Notes }

Keep in mind that I do not own this book and that I have fixed any spelling errors/sentences that don't seem right throughout the entire books