Chapter 12

Chapter 12

AN: Another chapter for you all! I was taking the bus to work when these small ideas came to me. So I am going to piece them altogether. Can you guys believe that lost my way while going to work? Luckily, I managed to only 4 minutes late; otherwise my pay would have been docked. Now we do not want that.
I am really out of shape, I had to clean the cages at the clinic and I spent half and hour wrestling a puppy that weighed a ton out of his cage. The little thing did not want to come out! By the time I managed to get him out, I was exhausted and my legs were trembling. I still had 3.5 half hours to go.
Disclaimer: I do not own Jurassic Park or any of their characters, only Rae and other Ocs.

The dying squeaks of the little dinosaurs that I had between my jaws stopped and I dropped it on to the floor next to two others, just like it. It should be enough to feed the three of us for now. My mind briefly wandered back to the day before, when my mate refused the dinner that I had provided for her. Maybe she did not like Duck-bill meat, and will eat this. (AN: I have already forgotten what you call those small green dinosaurs. Sorry. Can anyone tell me please?")
I used my snout to push the three bodies together and picked them all up before making my way back to where I had left my mate and the chick. I slowly strolled back to the waterfall but what I saw had me racing over. Marron was at the water's edge anxiously looking at it and my mate was nowhere to be seen!
"What is going on?" I demanded, dropping the bodies.
"Alpha and I playing then Alpha went under water. Still not up." The chick wailed. My heart stopped when I heard that, I immediately jumped into the water but I did not know how to dive under it. Shit! Of all times to start regretting the time I refused to learn how to dive from Lucus. I had blatantly told him that Raptors did not dive and that he was being an idiot for doing it, how I wished I had agreed instead.
"Wah! I want Alpha, Uncle Sorin!" Marron started to cry. Pssh! Like I did not want her too brat, so stop crying there was more pressing matters at hand!
Suddenly, a few yards away something popped out of the water. It was my mate! My heart soared at the sight of her, soaked but still alive. I swam towards her, and grabbed a hold of her weird skin between my jaws and tugged her towards the dry land where Marron was now chirping in joy.
"Hey Sorin! Quit tugging, what's wrong?" My human complained, struggling but failing. Did she really not know what was wrong? She nearly died by disappearing underwater! That is what's wrong!
Once we reached dry land, Marron launched himself at my mate sending her to the ground and her dropping something. I was going to growl at the chick to be gentler as I knew that my mate was human and therefore more delicate than raptors. I did not tolerate any bruises on my mate. However, when I saw what my mate had dropped, I felt my anger change target.
She had not disappeared underwater unwilling, she had went under for so long to collect some rocks! ROCKS! Rocks that are already plentiful on dry land but no, she just had to go underwater to get them! I swear my mate is more disobedient and unpredictable than any other chick I have ever seen!
It was time I disciplined her, after all as her mate, it was my right and job. I stalked forward, growling for the chick to step aside and he leap right off my mate.
"Haha. Thanks Sorin, I really needed to catch my breath." She laughed, looking at me. I growled louder and stepped forward, towering over her.
"Mate. I do not find your behavior acceptable." I growled loudly.
"What are you growling for? My human asked, looking confused.
"Why? What were you thinking, leaving the chick on land unsupervised and going down the water to find rocks." I roared.
"What are you so pissed of about?" My mate asked.
"What? I am pissed at the fact that you risked your life to go underwater to pick rocks! ROCKS that CAN be found on DRY land!" I hissed, glaring hard at her before motioning to the rocks.

"Oh! You mean the those?" I asked, understanding what Sorin was talking about, "I was just wondering if they were edible?"
The flames in Sorin's eyes went out for a little while, as he looked in confusion and then he looked at me in pity.
"Hey! Why are you looking at me in pity for?" I growled, snatching one of the black things I had collected. I had thought they were mussels or clams and therefore collected them to bring to dry land and pry open.
"They are ROCKS!" I spat in annoyance, "Great! I'm starving." Sorin made a whining sound, licking me across the face and nuzzling my cheek.
"Geez, I sometimes wonder if you are Bi-polar or something." I sighed, patting him on the cheeks. Grateful for the comfort but he gave me look that said 'do not push your luck'. He stepped away from me so that I could see three dead bodies, tilting his head as though asking me to enjoy.
"Uh. Thanks but no thanks," I started, "why don't we bring it else where to eat." Picking up the three carcasses, scanning the area a sense of directions and heading off towards the West in general. Marron followed closely behind, chirping, Sorin however stood in place.

"Come one Sorin. Let's go eat." I called. All I got in reply was a grunt before he ran forward into step with me.

Marron's POV

"Breakfast! Breakfast!..." I cheered, the whole fiasco placed behind me. I was hungry as well like Alpha! I wonder where are we going, can we not just eat here? No? Well, I don't care as long as I get to eat and eat with Alpha too!

Sorin's POV

I watched as my mate threw the rock away in anger when she found out that it was a rock. I felt really bad for yelling at her like that. I did not know that she could not hunt; I always thought that all humans knew how to hunt. Wait! My mate could not hunt, so how has she surviving? Was she like little Marron? Surviving on scraps and whatever she could find while the others feasted? My heart ached at the very thought of my mate struggling to get food while the other humans feasted away.
"Don't worry mate, I will take care of you now. I will teach you how to hunt and until the day that you can, I will provide for you." I said, licking her on the face and was rewarded with a pat to the cheek and a smart mouth reply. I gave her the look, telling her to not push her luck; I was still a little peeved at her for her little stunt.
I motion to the spoils of my hunt; maybe she will be able to tell the difference in what is edible and what is not. Thanks but no thanks, what on earth is she saying, especially since she is now carrying the carcasses away to who knows where to eat. I guess, since she is willing eat I will let her bring it anywhere she wants to eat as long as she eats.
Marron was just being a typical chick, chirping and trailing behind my mate wanting to be fed. Knowing my mate, she would feed him before herself. Hmm...Speaking of that, if she can even think that rocks were edible then did she even know that those red balls were edible or was she just doing like what she did today? Just trying to hunt?
Looks like my mate is as vulnerable as a newborn chick. Does not know the meaning of danger and how to hunt or forage for food. Even the chicks, like Marron at least know how to forage. By the looks of things, I have a lot to teach my mate.
"Starting with what is edible and what is inedible." I grunted to myself before running to catch up and walk next to my mate.

(Josh, Hammond and the others that did survive) (AN: I actually forgot all about them. Haha)

"Let's go!" Hammond urged, motioning to Josh from the helicopter.
"What about Rae?" Josh hollered back over the deafening rotors.
"There is no way she is still alive!" Doctor Grant shouted back.
"No! She is still alive." Josh insisted.
"Josh, my boy please. I agree with the good doctor, I'm sorry." Hammond pleaded. Josh struggled with himself, he knew that it was impossible that Rae was still alive but somewhere, something inside of him just had that nagging feeling that his friend was still alive.
With one last long look at the vast greenery, he turned and climbed into to the helicopter. Finally, the helicopter carrying the survivors of the InGen Disaster flew up and away from the island. Of course, they were unaware that there was still on last survivor who was now on her way to the Tourist center and dormitories with two Raptors in tow.

{ Author's Notes }

Keep in mind that I do not own this book and that I have fixed any spelling errors/sentences that don't seem right throughout the entire books