The New Base Complete

~2 months later, Season Fall

~Sam

Its been two months since we started on the base. I looked around seeing that it's completed and its the beginning of fall.  We get a few stray walkers here but not as many that we did in the city. I just hope this set up works. I hope we can help some survivors.

"Sam?" I looked around seeing Liz was starring at me.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Ready to go in?" she asked, grabbing my hand.

"Let's go," I said, letting her lead me inside the new base.  I can see everything, I imaged. The monitoring satiation as well as the research and infirmary, "This is great guys. Well done," I smiled.

"But wait there more," Liz said, pulling me down a flight of stairs.

"Is this the horticulture room?" I asked. Liz nodded and pulled me down another flight of stairs, "This is the repair bay, party area, car lot, and weaponry," I stated, looking around the level.

"Yeah but there is still more," she said, again pulling me down the stairs.

"Living quarters is the next three or four levels?" I asked.

"The next four," Liz reply and pulling me all the way to the bottom of the stair case.

"The generator room," I smiled, seeing my vision came to life.

"Yep, everything that you image and more," she said, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Oh really," I smiled, turning to face her. Liz lightly press her lips against mine. I kissed back and completely in sync with her movements. I stood my tippy toes to wrap my arms around her neck. We pulled apart after a few moments.

"We should really go," I said, lightly pressing my lips on her cheek.

"Yeah but do you want to ?" Liz asked, huffing a bit.

"No but we have to," I said, a little disappointed. We decided to go before they get suspicion on what we were doing.  We made it to the faulty floor and got out.

"So, how was it?" Ben asked.

"Perfect," I exclaim.

"Glad to here it. Now all we need is some thing to go with this new base and home," Alice said, wrapping her arm around Ben's shoulder.

"Man I feel like a fifth wheel," James whined, crossing his arms.

"Well, James is because you are the fifth wheel," Liz stated. Everyone laugh and the canine just barked.

"James, Alice, and I can get the supplies," Ben suggested.

"Really why?" I asked, confused on his reason behind this.

"Because you two have been doing the supply runs as we get to set on our butts. So, us three think you two need some down time and pick a room to share or together," Alice said, looking at the other two.

~Liz

Sam and I looked at each other then to them. They really mean this.

"Guys, are you sure? We don't mind to come -,"

"No, we can handle our self," James cut off Sam.

"Okay. I guess we can stay here and hold down the fort but be careful," I said, looking at them leaving.  I saw them took off with the semi truck.  Sam and I went back down into the base and into the monitoring room.

"So, they got everything set up for it?" Sam asked, looking at the panel.

"No, we need a computer technician," I said, looking at her. 

"Right but we have everything  else up and running. Right?" she asked, looking at me.

"Yep, but we should get our stuff down here and set up our room," I suggested.

"Right," Sam said. I followed Sam out of the base. We made it to the surface. I looked around seeing someone laying there.  Sam pulled out her gun and walked slowly towards him.  She knelt down and put her fingers to his neck, "There a pulse and not bite or scratch marks," Sam inform me.

"What should we do?" I asked, moving closer to her.

"Bring him inside," She suggested.

"Alight," I said and walked over to Sam. I got on one side and I got the other. We dragged him down into to the infirmary, "Now what?" I asked.

"We wait," Sam said, heading back up to the faulty floor. After a few minutes, we got all of our stuff down stairs and into a room on the third level.

"Now this feel more like home," I muttered, wrapping my arms around my girlfriend.

"Yeah, but we still got to get my car in the car lot," she whispered. 

"Well, we better get that," I said. Sam went up to get her car and I kept an eye on the person. A few minutes, she walked back in with her key whirling around her finger, "Well, I guess the car is safe now."

"Yeah," Sam whispered, pulling me closer to her by my pants loops. We kissed again until we heard a moan for the guy. We pulled apart and looked at him.

"Sam, I know him," I whispered.

~Sam

"You do?" I asked, looking at him, "Who is he?"

"Yeah, he's my childhood friend, Hunter," Liz said.

"Liz? Hey, how are you?" Hunter asked, looking at us dazed.

"Good and got myself a girlfriend," she told him. They talked for hours. I looked around and notice that the rest of the crew just arrived.

"Hey Sam. Who's he?" Ben asked.

"This is Hunter. Liz knows him," I inform the others.

"Hunter knows stuff about computer stuff," Liz said to us.

"Well great that what we need." I smiled, "Welcome to the group,"

"Thank you," Hunter said. I looked at Liz and smiled. I like seeing her happy. I wish I could keep it like this. I looked around the room.

"Sam, are you alright?" I heard someone called my name. I looked towards the voice and saw Liz looked at me with concern.

"Yeah, I just can't get over the whole base thing," I smiled. Then a thought just popped into my head," Right, Hunter since you are a computer person. Can you get our monitoring station set up?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure. If you let me stay here?" He asked.

"Well it's a done deal," I said, making the deal. I looked at Liz seeing her smile at me. I nodded and made my way down to the living quarters. I was tired. The past months of sleeping in the day and stay wake at night is finally taking a toll on me. I need some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N character sheet so far 

Sam- weapon expert/ leader. She 5'4'', brown hair medium with blonde highlights, blue eyes. Girlfriend Liz

Liz- ex military/ second in command. She 5'10'', brown hair short with ice blue highlights, green eyes. Girlfriend Sam

Alice- doctor, 5'3'', hazel eyes, glasses, brown long hair, boyfriend Ben.

Ben- builder, 5'11'', brown eyes, glasses, brown short hair, girlfriend Alice

James- electrician/joker, 6', African American, brown eyes, black short hair.

Hunter- computer tech, 5'12'', short black hair, brown eyes, glasses, stubble breaded.