The Way Back

~Liz

I was driving because Sam fell asleep. I saw a truck following up.

"Sam, babe you got to wake up," I said, shaking her wake.

"What is it?" She asked tiredly.

"We got company," I said.

"Alright. I guess we have to stay longer to shake them or we have to pull over and talked to them," She said.

"Well, guess we can do the second option," I said.

"Yeah or else we are going to out here until we run out of gas," Sam said.

"Right," I said, pulling over. I looked at the rearview mirror. The people behind us are also park. One of them got out. Sam grabbed her gun and got out along with Alpha. I rolled my eyes.

~Sam

I got out of the car to confront these people. I notice that Alpha is following me. I stopped right in front of this guy.

"So, why are you following us?" I asked.

"You stole from us," he said.

"I don't see your name on it," I said. Alpha growled. I saw someone else got out of the car.

"Wait you are from that secret bunker," She said.

"I'm the leader," I said, "This is in charged of the dog squad, Alpha and trust me he don't play nice," I said, pointing at my black wolf.

"We didn't know. I'm Lee. I researcher. I can help you. This is Devan. He works security at the lab that I worked at," Lee said.

"What Lab?" I asked.

"The CDC. We was trying to figure out how this is spreading and how to stop it. I got some of the supplies in the back," She said.

"Well we do need a researcher but I don't if I could trust you after you where following us," I said. I heard another door opened. I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I jumped into their arms even more.

"Calm down, love. It's just me," Liz chuckled.

"Gosh Damn it, Liz," I said, pushing her off. I saw Beta is at her side.

"So, what's going on?" she asked.

"These two want to join us but I don't know if we should trust them," I whispered.

"Well, we do need more man power," Liz said.

"Right and a researcher," I added.

"So, We can bring them with. We just got to keep a close eye on them," she added.

"Good point," I said, "Okay, you can come with but I'll have to set some rules which everyone follows," I said, explain the rules to them.

"I understand. We will try our best to help as much as I can," Lee said. Devan nodded.

"Okay then follow us," I said. I looked at Liz. She smiled and nodded. I got back into the car.

"Ready," Liz asked.

"Of course Let's go," I said, cuddling up to her.

"Yeah,"she said, combing her fingers through my hair.

"Liz, if you keep doing this. I'm going to fall asleep," I yawned.

"Then go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we get back," Liz whispered. I felt her kiss me on the forehead.

"Okay, I'll sleep," I whispered. I close my eyes and fell asleep.

~Liz

Sam fell asleep. I smiled and continued to comb my fingers through her hair. She must be exhausted running everything at the base. I know that she has me. I just can't stop thinking about my girlfriend was a hit person. That so badass. I pulled up to the opening for vehicles. I stopped to wake up Sam.

"Ma Chaille, where here," I whispered.

"Okay, Let's go," Sam said. We parked the cars inside and waited for them to come in. Once they did. We headed up to the medical bay.

"So, how many levels do you have," Devan asked.

"About ten to twelve," I said. I looked over at Sam who is leaning on me, "Are you still tired.

"Yeah, but we got to get them checked," Sam said. 

"I know. I wonder if Alice is in?" I asked.

"She is," she said. I nodded. We got in and saw Alice and Ben talking.

"Hey Alice, can you check these to up," I said to her. She nodded and got to work, "Okay. I got to take miss sleep head down to our room good luck Alice," I said, picking up Sam and carried her down to our room. I gently placed her down on the bed, "I love you, Sam," I said, pulling the cover over her.

"I love you too, Liz," I heard her whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~