Roles and Chores

~Liz

I woke up and saw a black book. I never seen this before. I looked down and saw Sam cuddling close to me. I picked up the book and started to read it.

"A journal. Why would Sam have a journal?" I said quietly to myself.

"Five more minutes," Sam mumbled. I chuckled at her childish innocents but the book says otherwise.  

"Sam, what is this?" I asked her softly. She opened her eyes ever so slightly.

"My journal,"  she said, tiredly.

"Why do you have a journal?" I asked.

"It what kept me sane while you was over seas," Sam said, wrapping her arms around me.

"What did you exactly do while I was gone?" I asked, trying to figure her out.

"Liz, you don't want to know. Trust me," She pleaded.

"No. I want to know. So, tell me," I said. Sam sighed and looked up at me.

"I was a hit person. I killed people. The government was after me. Well, they try to figure out who killed those people but they couldn't. I was just to good. I stop after I got a letter that was telling me that you was coming home. I kept the journal to write in, during this chaos," Sam said, scooting away from me.  

"I see but you should've of told me sooner," I said, wrapping my arms around her and pulled her closer to my chest.

"Yeah, I was afraid of what you would think of me," she mumbled. I felt my heart break a little.

"I would still love you," I said, kissing the back of her neck.

"But we should get up and help the new members with the duties," Sam said, getting out of bed. I pulled her back in, "Liz, come on,"

"No, a little longer," I said, kissing her deeply. 

"Fine," Sam gave up.

~Alice

I woke up and headed to my office. It was on the top level Ben was working on something on the third level. I stopped in to say hi but he looks busy. I walked up to my office to see the new members.

"Have you seen Sam?" I asked AJ and Morgan.

"No," They said, looking at me. I sighed. I heard the door open to see Sam and Liz, "What took you two so long to get up here?" I asked, the messy hair girls.

"Sorry, Sam didn't want to get out of bed and wouldn't let go of me. She has a strong grip you know," Liz explained. Sam nudged Liz in the side. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, beside that what are we going to do with these guys," I asked.

"Well, AJ can help Ben down in the repair area. Morgan can take the greenhouse level," Sam said, quickly. I don't understand any of this but okay. I sighed and continued to work.

~Ben 

I was building something more efficient to kill those things. I heard someone opened the door to my work shop.  I looked up to see the new guy. He seems scary but not as scary as the undead.

"You must be Ben," the guy said.

"Yeah and you are?" I asked.

"AJ, I can help with car repair," AJ said. I nodded.

"I guess two heads are bed then one," I said, shanking his hand. I looked at his height. Damn, "Well, Sam's car need an oil change," I said.

"Which one is hers?" he asked.

"The black, 1967, four door, Chevy impala," I said. His eyes widen.

"Are you kidding?" AJ asked in disbelief.

"Nope," I said, turning back at my tasked.

~Sam

I was walking down to the Party Room. I saw the kids. Sally and Dan messing around in there. I smiled and walked in. Dan saw me and ran up to me.

"Leader, sir," Dan said, saluting.

"Whoa, holding on kid. What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, you are the leader and is she second in commanded?" he asked, looking at Liz. I smiled at the kid.

"Yeah, she second in commanded," I said, leaning at her side.

"Okay can you tell us everyone rank and role?" Sally chipped in.

"Well, I'm in charge and I'm very skilled with weapons, Liz is the second in charge and also skilled with weapon and combat, Alice is our doctor for both animal and people, Ben is our builder, James is the jokester and deals with the generator room stuff, Hunter is our computer tech, Your parents are our plants and car specializes," I said concluding with the rank and role.

"And how about us?" Dan asked, crossing his arms.

"You guys can help anyone you want," I smiled at them. They nodded and ran off somewhere.

"Kids," Liz sighed.

"Yeah," I said, sitting down and pour myself a good cup of coffee.

"Coffee?" she questioned.

"Yeah, it better than booze," I smiled, looking up at her.

"Sam, do you want to a talk about the two years that I was gone," Liz asked softly.

"Not really. I feel guilty doing it but it was the only thing that I can do at the moment. I became very good at but it was nothing compare to the thought of  losing you over there," I said, taking a sip  of coffee. James walked in.

"Girl, you need booze not coffee," James said handed me a glasses of alcohol.

"James, Sam don't drink," Liz said, taking the glass.

"No but she needs to," James insist.

"Guys, I can drink but I choose not," I said, ending the argument.

"Right," They both said.

"Liz, you should know why I don't drink," I reminded her. She nodded and hand me the glass, "I'm going to take a nap," I said, leaving the party area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~