Incoming

~Sam

I walked down to my room when I heard the alarm go off. That means survivors or a herd of zombies. I ran up to the mentoring room. I got there to see Liz was looking at the screen.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Another Group of survivors," she said.

"What do they want?" I asked.

"To speak with you," Liz said, looking at me.

"Alright, I'm heading up. Alpha!" I called for the wolf. I walked up to the surface. I got up there and saw the group.

"We want to speak with the person in charge. Not a princess," a guy said, shoving a gun in my face.  I pulled the gun out of his hand and hit him off side the head with the gun.

"I am the person in charge. Now speak," I growled. Alpha was growling as well.

"I'm not talking to a girl," He said.

"Then you and your group can leave," I said, pointing out towards a herd of zombies coming closer to us.

"Come on Baron. The kids need a safe place to stay," a girl pleaded. I cross my arms when I heard the false floor pop up. I look back to see Liz.

"Hey. What's going on up here?" She asked.

"Dealing with a guy who thinks a girl can't be leaders of a group," I whispered to her.

"Right," Liz dragged.

"He also think I'm a princess," I chuckled.

"Far from it. Sam, you are more like a queen," she whispered into my ear.

"But you are also my queen," I smiled back at here. I looked towards the group, "So, have you guys decided yet?" I asked the group. I saw a lot of them leave. I saw some men, women, and all of the children standing there. I looked back at Liz and then to the group, "Follow me, " I said, heading back to the bunker. 

"Wow! This place is amazing," I heard them exclaim.

"Yep, it has about ten levels," I said, walking into the medical bay, "We will have our doctor check you guys out and then we can move on to the more serious stuff," I said, walking down to the party room to eat.

"Sam,  do you think it's a good idea just to leave them up there?" Liz asked.

"I don't know but right now it's our best bet," I said, glancing behind to see her.

"Okay, let's go eat," she said. We walked into the party room to see Ben and AJ talking about modification to the base. I think some of the ideas are brilliant idea.

"Good idea Ben and AJ. You should get started on that," I told them. They snapped their head back and nodded. I smiled and took a seat in my usual spot.

"So, I heard we got some people," James said, sliding me a cup of coffee.

"Yeah, they just arrived. The people came here with the new members didn't like a girl for a leader," I said, dragging some of the words.

"Well, what are we going to do with them?" James asked.

"We have to let them stay because they have kids with them," I said, leaning against Liz.

"Yeah, Sam,  have a soft spot for kids you know," Liz said, softly.

"hmm," I hummed. I felt relaxed.

~Liz

"Sam, we have people in my-"

"Shhh...Sam is sleeping. Yes, we know that there people in there. We want you to check them out before we go any further," I whispered, holding Sam in my arms.

"So is Sam asleep?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, she had a rough morning," I said, messing with Sam's hair.

"I see I will go get them checked out," Alice said, leaving the party area.  I picked up Sam and carried her down to our room. I opened the door and laid her gently on our bed. I was pulled the covers on her. I was about to leave when I felt her grab my wrist.

"Not yet," I heard her whispered.

"Okay," I said, crawling in next to her. I fell asleep with Sam in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~