Ray x reader (Thump)

(Ray's P.O.V.)

Thump.

My head shot up from my guitar. I looked around the room, almost expecting  the walls would somehow give me the answer to my confusion. Until I heard it again.

Thump.

This time, I got up to investigate. I carefully walked out of the living room into the hallway. It sounded like the 'thumps' were coming from near there. 

Thump.

Okay, it's definitely one of the rooms on the right. 

Thump thump.

They were in (Y/n)'s room. And they were getting faster.

Thump thump thump.

I slowly pushed open the door, half expecting to see an intruder. But no. Instead, I  heard another...

Thump.

All I saw was (Y/n) sitting at her desk. Well, it wasn't really sitting, more of an exhausted slump. There were pens here, notebooks there, papers all over the place. It was chaos. Oh, and the thumps? She was banging her head against the desk. 

Thump.

"(Y/n)? Come on, I think it's time we go to bed." Seeing as we were both clearly exhausted, it was probably the best option. However, (Y/n) didn't agree. "But Raaaaaaayyy, I'm almost finished!" She whined. "Baby, you're banging your head against the table. You can finish it in the morning. She turned around to look at me and huffed. She thought for a moment before rubbing her eyes and yawning. I leaned against the doorframe and giggled at how adorable she looked when she was tired. Or when she was mad. Really, she was always adorable.

(Your P.O.V.)

Ray was right. I pushed the stubborn part of me aside and gave in to the idea of soft blankets and warm cuddles. I stood up, turned off my desk lamp, and ran over to Ray. I hugged him, burying my face in his neck. He giggled again, instantly hugging me back. I wanted the hug to last forever. But it didn't. He pried me off of him and dragged me to the bedroom. In record time, we changed into our pajamas and crawled into bed. Well, Ray crawled into bed. I practically leaped. We turned the lights off and immediately went into night cuddling mode. 

Just before I was about to drift off to sleep, Ray's soft voice pierced the silence. "(Y/n)?" He whispered. Too tired to want to move my mouth, I just replied with a "Hmm?" "What were you doing earlier?" He asked. I lazily smiled against him. "You'll have to wait 'till morning to see." It wasn't long before he replied, "You didn't even have anything, did you?" I giggled and simply said, "I love you." He playfully sighed and mumbled back, "I guess I love you, too."