12.

Layla's POV.

"Sorry but is that supposed to impress me?" I chuckled.

I was on the phone with Jadon, talking about the randomest things and the conversation somehow ended up going to him and his performance for his club this season. And he was currently bragging about the amount of goals and assists he bagged.

"I was hoping it would do the trick."

We remained quiet for a while, simply enjoying the fact that the other was on the other end. You could say we just enjoyed listening to each other breathe.

"You know Layla," He started. "This isn't me."

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I don't usually do this. All the phone calls for hours, the texting..." He said. "I don't ever put this much effort in a girl, let alone one I've never met before. But with you, it just happened."

"Well, that's a good thing." I spoke. "Right?"

"I just might fuck around and give you my last name." He chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh.

Just imagine though, Layla Sancho.

Literally, o m g. I'm the one who just might fuck around and give this guy babies.

"You should probably get some sleep." I chuckled. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Goodnight beautiful." He said softly and I legit just melted. I could really get used to this.

"Goodnight Jadon."

I stood there seconds after the line went dead, squealing as I jumped repeatedly in one spot before sighing dreamily as I stared at the beautiful view in front of me.

I should've been in bed by now but here I am, at freaking midnight, grinning to myself like a fucking idiot and there's only one person to blame for that.

"So his name is Jadon." I heard someone speak up behind me causing me to quickly turn around.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, my mood going from a hundred to zero real quick.

"I just needed to think and my legs took me here. I didn't think there would be anyone at this hour." He shrugged, as he walked into the balcony area.

We just stayed quiet for a minute, maybe two, just staring at the view in front of us.

"You didn't answer me." He said, breaking the silence.

"Answer what?"

"I asked if his name is Jadon, if he was the one you were just talking to."

"It really don't matter." I shrugged.

It wasn't exactly his business.

"He seems to be making you happy." He pointed out, but there was nothing genuine about his tone.

"Okay stop." I turned to him. "Don't come here, giving me conversation like we're friends or something. Because we're not. You've been quiet and haven't said shit to me for the last four days."

"What did you want me to say?"

"Is that even a question?" I rolled my eyes. "Trent you can't just kiss me and then expect me to move on and never talk about it like it didn't mean shit-"

"So it meant something to you." He interrupted.

"That's not the point."

"Then what is?"

I sighed, looking away. "The point is that it happened and we should at least address it."

I felt his arm around my waist and he effortlessly pulled me to him.

"Trent this isn't addressing it." I quietly sighed, looking at him.

"I don't get what you want me to do or say." His voice was gentle, eyes still locked on mine.

"Just tell me why you did it."

He bit his lip, his grip tightening around my waist. "I did it because I..." He trailed off.

"Because you what?"

He suddenly shook his head, letting go of me before stepping back and shoving his hands in his pockets. "Forget it."

The cold breeze suddenly hit me harder and I felt even more cold now without his arms wrapped around me.

I simply sighed. I mean, if he didn't wanna tell me then I couldn't really force him to.

I stepped closer to him, gently grabbing his arms and I slowly wrapped them around my waist, not breaking our eye contact.

"I'm feeling a bit cold."

He pulled me even closer to him before slowly leaning in.

I could've sworn that somebody was messing with that do-over button because what happened four days ago, literally just repeated itself.

This time, I should've been wiser. I should've told him to stop because I know where this leads, it's actually pointless. Tomorrow morning we'll be uninterested and avoiding each other like this didn't even happen.

When we pulled away, neither of us said anything but he just held me in his arms like he didn't want to let go - like he was afraid to let me go.

"Layla," He called softly, after a long while of silence.

I hummed in response.

It actually made me sick. It made me sick to my stomach how things were like this. How I was so comfortable in his arms right now. How I didn't want this feeling to end. How I didn't want him to leave because then I know that if he isn't with me, then he's with her. How I'm technically jeopardising my just blossoming romance with such an amazing guy.

All of it. It all made me sick but I couldn't stop myself. I can't help myself when it comes to him.

"What is this?" He spoke again. "This that we're doing. What are we?"

I bit my lip, finally looking up so I could meet his eyes. What was this classified as anyway?

"We're," I paused, still thinking about it. "Just friends."

"Bullshit Layla. Bullshit. Friends don't do this type of shit!" He pointed out.

Okay yes, maybe he did have a point but it didn't matter. Bottom line is that we were only just friends.

"If you knew you weren't gonna like my answer then why did you ask me that question to begin with?" I asked, still staring at him.

"We're not just friends and you fucking know it."

"Trent you got somebody, you got somebody waiting for you in your room as we speak. And even though he isn't here, I got somebody too. The fact still remains."

"Just a friend then?" He said softly, looking at me. "Okay."

He wasn't mad or anything but he wasn't exactly happy either. But I know he saw my point, because it was pretty damn valid one. He didn't want to address it so this is me addressing the situation.

I'm not a cheater, and this - the late night meetings, planned or unplanned, the kisses, the hugs, everything - it all just felt like cheating to me.

Jadon and I may not be solid as yet but that didn't mean I could run around with some other dude, especially when I know that, that other dude has a girlfriend.

That's just not me.

~

Please vote & comment xx