24.

Layla's POV.

I audibly sighed as I came out of the bathroom, having finished freshening up. Camila locked her phone before turning all her attention to me.

"You look like you could use a hug." She chuckled, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I only huffed in response.

"You know I waited for you yesterday," She started. "But you didn't show. Where'd you spend the night?" She questioned, her voice laced with curiosity.

"Jadon's room." I said plainly.

"Oh, well if he was still cool with you sleeping over then he must've not been that upset then."

"You have no idea." I muttered, plopping on the bed before pulling the covers. I was in no mood for any human interaction today.

Camila stayed with me for a short while but seeing that my mind was miles away, and I didn't pay her much attention - she decided to leave and give me some space instead. Which I was grateful for.

I'm not even sure when the door opened or when they walked in but I felt someone gently place a hand on my face, removing the hair that had fell on it.

"You asleep?" He asked softly and I instantly recognised the voice.

I shook my head, before finally opening my eyes to find him staring down at me. He gave me a soft smile before speaking up again.

"Well good, cause I want us to go somewhere."

I sighed, sitting up on the bed. "Really? With everything that's going on, you want us to be seen together? I mean even though Jadon doesn't know that it's you who-" I trailed off before biting my lip. "It's just not a good idea."

"You worry too much." Was all he said before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed.

~

"Wow." I said quietly, seeing the beautiful view, accompanied by a lake, in front of me. Being a nature lover, I was quite in awe.

"I didn't even know this side of St George's Park existed." I pointed out.

"Yeah, not many people come around here, which is why it automatically became one of my favourite spots." He said softly.

And I can see why. This is a go-to place for when you just need peace of mind.

"What?" I asked when I turned around to find him just staring at me.

"You're beautiful."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Please."

"No, honestly. I just - I'm breathless, okay? Whenever I'm with you, it happens."

I smiled shyly, turning to look away in attempt to hide the blush that instantly made its way to my face.

"You, complimenting me? That's definitely new

"You, complimenting me? That's definitely new." I teased.

"Well," he chuckled. "You know, ever since we met, it's always been constant arguments and teasing and all of that. And I guess that was just my way of hiding how you truly make me feel." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck and I quietly laughed at how awkward he was being.

For someone who's as cocky as he is, it was definitely entertaining seeing him all nervous for once.

"Never thought I'd actually see the day." I smirked, referring to the somewhat sentimental moment he just had.

"And I only behave like this with you. See, I keep telling them that you're my soulmate - that we're soulmates." He grinned, playfully nudging me with his elbow.

"You're my soulmate? Wow - talk about a let-down." I said, smirking at his reaction.

He bit his lip, his face suddenly turning serious and I gave him a questioning look. "I don't know what it is that's going on here but I'm not tryna stop it. I care Layla. I really do, so I can't just leave it alone. I know there's this whole Jadon situation but I won't leave you alone."

I frowned at the mention of Jadon's name.

"Do you think we're bad people?" I asked.

"For what? For this? It's not our fault that we can't deny the attraction that remains between us."

I sighed. "Yeah, but this constant going back and forth is not for me. Trent I don't want to play both sides, I'm not that kind of girl."

"It doesn't have to be that way though. There are other options and you know it." I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue. "Break up with him."

"Trent-"

"Look, I don't believe anyone can know you, and kiss you, and not fall in love - so I know that whatever he feels for you is genuine. But I realised that when you truly care for someone you do things differently, even do things you never thought you would do - like how I allowed myself to get involved with my friend's girlfriend. Layla that's bro code, and I broke it, for you. And I need you to realize that that's a reflection of how real my feelings are for you. When I picture myself happy... It's with you. And that's just the simplest way to put it. I asked you if you were all in and you said yes, now I'm going to need you to prove it."