31.

[A/N This chap is in Trent's point of view (first and probably last). I genuinely suck at making a guy's POV sound authentic but hey:) ]

~

Trent's POV

I quietly cursed under my breath, massaging my temples before I heard a light chuckle next to me as a soft voice spoke up.

"Headache?"

I just nodded, sitting up on the bed. Not that I didn't expect to have one, considering how much I drank last night. But I just needed something to just help me forget about stuff. I don't even know why people say alcohol helps because when it's out of your system, you go back to feeling as shitty as you did before.

"Good morning." Riley smiled at me, leaning in for a kiss but I backed away, claiming that I haven't brushed my teeth.

And even though that was true, she still managed to see past my excuse.

"When has that ever been a problem?" She questioned and I just shrugged.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude but you know how this goes." I stated, getting up from the bed.

Before her and I even began whatever it is that we have, she knew the terms. I let her know that she shouldn't get attached because I was only with her for one thing - and she was fine with that. She knew I wasn't the guy who was interested in being in any sort of committed relationship - at least not with her, even though I led people into believing that we really were an item.

But with time, things got a bit complicated when she grew too attached. I mean, she was a cool girl, pretty laid back and allowed me to do whatever I wanted - which obviously worked for me. I enjoyed having her around but only when I was in the mood.

I knew she felt a certain way about me but I never really talked to her about it because I thought she'd get over it with time. But seeing how hurt she was by what I said right now, I realised that wasn't the case.

"Riley," I began with a sigh. "We both agreed that we wouldn't complicate this by getting too attached."

"I know but it's been a year T. It's been a year and you still see me as just a booty call. But she's been here for what, a month? Two? Yet you broke all your rules for her." She argued.

"Riley, look." I started. "You're great and I enjoy your company, I really do but-"

"But I'm not her. I get it." She murmured before getting out of the bed we shared last night and walked to the bathroom, making sure to slam the door so I knew she was upset.

A little over an hour later, she decided to leave and headed back home since she stayed somewhere around London anyway.

"Eventful morning?" Joe questioned as I took a seat next to him and Jordan, about to have breakfast. "We just saw your girl leave and she didn't look too happy."

I couldn't help but cringe when he called her my girl. I simply shook my head, leaning back on the chair. "She wants this to be more than what it is. And you know, I can't do that, which is why she got upset."

"I've always been honest with you." Jordan started causing me to groan.

Here goes the 'I'm older, which makes me more mature than you, which makes me right all the time'.

"What were you even thinking bringing her around anyway? As if things between you and Layla aren't bad enough."

"Bold of you to even mention that name around me." I said, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Speak of the devil." Joe muttered, and I slightly turned to look in the direction he was facing.

They walked in, her and him, hand in hand as they went to sit at a different table along with Raz and Dele who she seemed to be quite close to now.

You know last night when her and I got stuck in the elevator together, I wanted to care when I saw her tears falling heavy. I really almost did. But seeing her now, in his arms - how am I supposed to believe that all those tears were genuine?

I shook my head, turning to look away. "I know I treated girls carelessly and broke a couple of hearts before but I can't say I deserve this."

As much as I knew how pointless it was to vent to them, since they were both in healthy and stable relationships and probably didn't understand what I was going through anyway - I still couldn't help it. 

"You two just keep on insisting on putting each other through hell." Jordan shook his head, clearly over this whole situation.

"I guess I just didn't fight for her hard enough."

"Well you shouldn't even have to fight for someone in the first place." Joe shrugged. "If she wanted to be with you, she would be with you. It's really that simple."

It sucks. It really does because I can't leave this girl alone but I also won't allow myself to be stuck on someone who just insists on putting me second. There's way too many women for me to be hung up on the one that continously has me looking stupid.

I won't act like it doesn't hurt because it definitely does but there's plenty of fish in the sea, so I won't take it too personal. She decided to give all my love to someone else, so automatically it's just fuck her. I was good before her, I'll be good after her too.

~

A/N okay, hi. school has been insane and the work load has legit been throwing me off, with the finals and everything approaching. might've noticed how much i rarely update now which is why i've decided to just end this book instead of going weeks without updating. but i wrote a few more chapters because i didn't want to just leave it hanging. i've already written them but i don't know if i should publish them all at once or publish one at a time. so let me know.

thank youu x