29.

Layla's POV.

The two hour drive headed to London seemed nothing more than fifteen minutes as Jadon parked his car in front of what I assumed was the venue we were headed to.

I could literally hear the music from all the way here and with me never being much of a party girl, I wondered how long I was gonna force myself to stay in there.

Others arrived before us, wherever the rest were just behind us and it wouldn't be long until this place was full of the England nt - well those who bothered to show up.

Jadon instantly grabbed my hand, automatically going on protective mode as we made our way to the entrance, walking past the security with ease since they, unsurprisingly, knew who he was.

"We're here!" Camila grinned before pulling me away from Jadon who proceeded along with his friends, disappearing into the crowd. "Now I know this isn't your scene but after everything that's been happening, let's just try to have a good time."

"Well I plan on doing exactly that tonight." I spoke up, taking her by complete surprise.

I mean, I'm not normally a reckless person but I was desperate to forget about everything - even if it was just for one night.

She gave me a side eye before warning me to behave as I left her side, moving through the thick crowd to the potion of the venue that wasn't so loud and crowded.

Finally making it through the crowd, I stopped in my tracks when my eyes landed on Trent who was kissing a certain blonde a few feet away from me. He was pressing against her, with one hand on her waist and the other casually placed on her butt as they shamelessly made out for what felt like the longest time.

It hasn't even been half an hour since we got here and he's already sucking someone's face off.

I should've just turned around and proceeded to the bar or something but I couldn't. My feet wouldn't let me. They eventually pulled away and the girl shot him a smile before walking towards the restrooms, and that's when I realized who she was.

Is he serious?

He turned around only to be met by me, aimlessly standing there, looking back at him.

"How long have you been standing there?" He spoke up, but I couldn't read his tone.

I just shrugged. "I see you're back together with Riley?"

It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yeah." He said simply. "Instead of fighting for someone who didn't want to be fought for, I decided to move on with my life and find something better. Something I could call my own."

"Something better?" I scoffed. "Don't kid yourself."

He just shrugged, seeming the least bothered, evidently wanting this conversation to be as short as possible.

"Trent she doesn't care about you, and I know you know that." I said, looking at him in frustration. "All she cares about is your title, how much money you make and the kind of car you drive. So I don't get why you're with her."

"And I don't get why you're bothered." He shot back. "Now you care?

"I don't." I said blankly. "I just thought you were better than that."

With that, I turned around, making my way to the bar where the bartender shot me a genuine smile and I figured that people already knew who I was since Jadon and I made quite an entrance earlier.

Downing whatever it was that the bartender gave me, I hoped that it would maybe loosen me up a bit since I was way out of my element.

As I was still sitting on the bar stool, pretty much staring into space, a guy probably a year or two older than me, made his presence known as he approached me - politely asking me to dance with him. I was ready to decline but then remembered that I'd promised myself to have fun tonight so I nodded, following his lead to the dance floor.