17.

Layla's POV.

"I'm not saying I want a threesome- but I wouldn't be opposed to it."

"Oh my God Camila, what the hell?!" I shrieked, turning to look at her, quite perplexed with what I just heard.

We were currently looking at pictures posted by the England page on instagram from their training session today and ended up on one with Jesse and Marcus, which resulted to Camila saying what she just said.

"I'm just saying." She chuckled with a shrug.

"Wow, I legit feel sorry for Joe." I shook my head disapprovingly.

"Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't have a threesome with Jesse and Marcus." She spoke, eyeing me.

"First of all, eww. Secondly, they aren't exactly my cup of tea, so."

"Right." She smirked. "But we both know who are."

Before I could tell her not to even think about saying what I knew she was thinking, the words had already escaped her lips.

"You'd prefer a threesome with Jadon and Trent." She laughed. "I get it. Good choice actually." She continued, shooting me a wink.

"Oh my God." I facepalmed. "I can't believe you'd fix your mouth to say some shit like that."

"You know I'm not lying though."

"Okay! We're done talking about threesomes." I groaned. A mental picture was legit starting to form in my head and I didn't like it.

There was a knock on our door and Cami stood up to go open it, still laughing at my reaction. I instantly knew who it was by the smile that suddenly made its way to her face.

They shared a kiss before he stepped inside.

"Like, honestly. Are you two always together?" I questioned when I saw the two very familiar faces walk in.

"Well, if I'm coming to see Camila then yes. It'd be kind of suspicious if I came around this end of the hotel alone every time, and the last thing we want is to get caught. Southgate doesn't exactly like distractions." Joe explained and I just nodded.

"Okay but can't you like get together in your room? I mean, I went to J-" I cut myself off, almost slipping up and telling them that I've been to Jadon's room. They didn't need to know that.

"I mean, you could just sneak Camila into your room because honestly, I'm tired of witnessing the two of you sucking each other's faces everytime you're here." I said blankly. I mean, they don't exactly do it in my face but we're always in the same room and it's very uncomfortable.

Camila rolled her eyes at my remark before Joe threw his arm over her shoulder and they left the room.

"Well, since Joe isn't here, there's no reason for you to be here either. Right?"

"Maybe." Trent shrugged, walking in and closing the door causing my eyebrows to furrow together in confusion.

"But I want to be here." He continued.

"Trent," I start with a sigh but he cuts me off.

"As a friend. We're just gonna hang out, that's all. I won't do anything to make you uncomfortable." He said quietly.

"Promise?"

"What are you, twelve?" He remarked, causing me to roll my eyes.

For what seemed like hours, we just sat and talked about the randomest things as we sat on my bed - a reasonable distance between us - and watched some TV.

"She's cute." He said, pointing at the screen.

"She's like 8." I muttered, giving him a questioning look.

"No, I don't mean it like that." He rolled his eyes. "I mean like, she's a cute kid. You know, she's someone's daughter."

I raised an eyebrow, unsure of where he was going with this.

"Makes me wonder how my daughter would-"

"You want kids?" I cut him off. I was genuinely curious.

"I do." He smiled, turning to look at me. "Don't you?"

I just shrugged. I wouldn't exactly say I wanted kids. "It's not something I've spent some time thinking about before." I said, and the look on his face told me he understood what I meant by that. I honestly wasn't sure I wanted any.

"Well that's a shame." He said, "We would've made heavenly children." He continued mindlessly.

I turn to look at him, kind of taken aback by his sudden statement.

He raised his eyebrows when he saw how I was looking at him. "What?"

"You said we." I said quietly. "You said we would make heavenly children."

Judging by his reaction, I could tell that even he didn't realise what he had just said.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"It's fine."

The atmosphere in the room was far different now than before this conversation happened and we both could see that.

"Okay let's not be weird about it." I chuckled uncertainly. He was about to say something when something caught his eye.

"What is that? It can't be Joe's because he was wearing his when he left here." He stated.

I followed his gaze and I cursed under my breath when I realised what he was talking about. It was that grey England jacket that they all have, and Jadon insisted on me taking his yesterday since it was kind of chilly when he walked me back to my room.

"Oh that?" I tried sounding casual about it. "That's a jacket."

I don't get why I was so nervous about the fact that he saw it, but I just was.

"I'm not stupid Layla, I can see it's a jacket. I'm asking whose is it?" His voice raised a bit.

"Okay but why are you getting upset about it?"

"I'm not- wait. Don't tell me that..." He trailed off, standing up from the bed.

"Tell you what?" I shrugged, still trying to be as casual as I can be.

"You told me your boyfriend's name is Jadon," He started. And with every word, he slowly came to realisation.

He sharply breathed in before turning to look at me. "Layla don't fucking tell me that your boyfriend is Jadon Sancho." He growled.

~