23.

Layla's POV.

"Jadon." I called out, my voice nothing more than a whisper. A desperate whisper.

After the rather traumatic experience I had, back in Marcus' room, I was anything but serene.

As if he knew how unsettled it made me, Jadon was acting completely ordinary - as normal as he's ever been - as we both entered his room.

After Jesse unknowingly fucked shit up - because that's really what he did - everybody casually continued with what they were doing, except for the people who knew what was really up. Jadon's reaction left me with an uneasy feeling since he just stared at me with eyes so emotionless, before diverting his gaze back to the TV screen that was in front of us at the time.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I spoke up again, which just landed on deaf ears. "Jadon please. Yell, scream, just say something - anything. Because you being this quiet is killing me, and it's honestly just petty."

"Petty? You wanna talk about petty? Petty is you running around with other dudes when you know you got somebody. You're mine right?" He finally turned to look at me.

I made a face. "Dudes? You're making it sound like I'm involved with every guy around here."

"You think I care if it's one guy or the whole squad? Bottom line is you're cheating on me. You know I would never play you and have you looking stupid like that."

I frowned, my head turning to face the floor. Now I really did feel like shit.

"Who is he? Is he one of my teammates?" He inquired. His voice was low and I could just tell how hard it was for him to even ask that question.

He was just waiting for me to confirm what he already knew.

"Wow. Really?" He let out a cold chuckle, slowly walking towards me. "It could have been anybody, and you chose to betray me with my teammate?"

"I'm sorry." I choked out, blinking back the tears that instantly formed in my eyes. "I can hardly stand myself. Jadon you know I care about you. A lot."

"If you really cared about me or how I feel, even the slightest bit, you wouldn't even have considered this in the first place."

"It was a mista-"

I was cut off by his bitter chuckle. "A mistake." He bites his lip, running his hand aggressively through his hair. "A mistake? You know Layla I always made sure to stay away from love, never fully gave myself to anyone because I never saw the point. Used to love and leave them the next morning - that's how I carried myself, until I met you!"

"Jadon, y-you're hurting me." I breathed out, wincing as his grip tightened on both my arms.

"Dammit Layla! Everything was going so good and then you do this?"

"Jadon I said you're hurting me!"

"Shut up, just shut up!" He suddenly snapped, and I flinched at how loud and aggressive his tone was.

I groaned in pain when my back forcefully collided with the wall as he pushed me, with him still having a tight grip on me.

"What did you expect? That I was gonna sit back and let whoever he is gracefully take you from me? You don't get to pick and choose. You're stuck with me."

My eyes widened, mostly at the fact that I knew Jadon and the person who was standing in front of me right now definitely wasn't him. His eyes were cold, his tone harsh and I just - I would be lying if I said there wasn't a bit of me that was frightened.

"Fuck." He spat angrily, letting go of me and I was almost certain that it was gonna bruise where he was just holding me.

All I could do was watch as he went on over to sit on the edge of his bed, burying his face in his hands before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Do you regret it?" He looked at me again, and I could literally just feel the physical pain in my chest when our eyes met.

Sure, I knew that Jadon cared for me. I really did. But I never thought that his feelings for me were this deep, and seeing the hurt in his eyes right now just made me wish that things were different.

"No actually forget I even asked you."

I bit my lip, my head falling in shame because honestly, I wasn't sure if I regretted it or not. And he could see that.

"I just, I wish you could understand." I whispered but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"Understand? You want me to understand why you cheated?" He squinted at me before shaking his head. "You know I can't even look at you right now."

It felt like forever, with neither of us saying anything and I was just silently praying for one of his friends to walk through the door and save me from the rest of this conversation because I really couldn't take it anymore.

"But as mad as I am," He spoke up after a while, standing to walk over to me. I took a step back, which he noticed and gave me a confused look but then brushed it off.

"I can't end things with you. As much as it fucks me up knowing you couldn't keep it real with me, you still have my heart regardless." He said and I gulped when my back came in contact with the wall, the distance between us closing as he finally reached me.

"So the sooner you end things with him, the better. Before things get really out of hand." He warned, and I flinched when he lifted his hand and placed it on my neck, with his thumb gently brushing my cheek. "You don't want that to happen now, do you?"

I reluctantly shook my head before letting out a faint 'no'.

"Good." He shot me the most sincere smile before giving me a kiss. "Don't underestimate what a person can do for the people they love." He said before turning to walk to the bathroom. He stopped midway and turned to me. "You're staying here tonight."

I didn't know how to feel as he disappeared to his bathroom, the shower running a few seconds after. As much as I wanted to be angry at his behaviour right now, I knew that it was all my fault - and he had every right to act the way that he was.

I should've listened to everyone who told me this was a bad idea.

~

A/N
I know I've been gone for a while (cough cough, writer's block💀) but I finally managed to write something. It was kind of rushed but let me know what you think x.

Edit : For those questioning Jadon's behaviour - I mean, he did just get cheated on🤷🏻‍♀️ Soo🙂