Chapter 4

• Dedicated to All Creepypasta Fans

        I'm walking through a forest, thick with trees and brush, and it kinda looks familiar. I don't really know where I'm going. Guess I don't care where I end up, as long as I don't have to be in that hospital any longer than I have to. I look up at the canopy of the trees and see that only a little sunlight is leaking through. 

"The sun must be going down.." I mumble aloud to no one in particular.

        I stop walking and look around to see if there is even a way out of the forest. It seems to go on forever! I then see what looks like a little path on the ground leading north. I shrugged and decided to follow it. Now, I know what you're thinking; "Don't follow the path!! You never follow the path in the middle of the woods when it's getting dark!!!" Yeah, yeah. Just to let you know, I can be pretty stupid sometimes. 

        Finally, I come across a wide clearing. It surprised and kinda confused me.

        Like, it's just there. Randomly appeared.

        I slowly walk into the clear, being cautious, look around. My eyes dart around, stopping on a building on what seems like an enormous mansion. 

"Holy shit..!" I said, gaping at it.

        Looking up at the sky, I see stars starting to appear. Sighing, I make my way over to the mansion and carefully step up onto the porch, looking this way and that. I walk over to the door and knock. No answer.

"Hello..?" I say, knocking a bit louder this time. "Any body home?"

Still no anwser.

I sigh. "Great.. Stuck out here, in the dark, in the middle of a forest." I mumble angrily.

        I turned and was about to step off the porch when I hear something creaking. Slowly, I turn my head over my shoulder and see that the door was slowly opening. Eyes wide, I move my body to fully face the door. "Um.. that is totally NOT creepy.." I say sarcastically. I take a couple cautious steps toward the door, trying to look inside without really putting my head close to it.

        When I feel like it's safe enough, which probably it isn't, I push the door open and quietly step inside. I look around, taking in every detail to get used to my surroundings. I step onto a rug, that looks like it hasn't been stepped on in years, causing an enormous dust cloud to come flying up into my face. I start coughing and wave my arms around frantically to make the dust go away.

        After a few more hacking coughs, the dust settled back down again and I could breathe without any trouble. I walk slowly around the mansion, seeing if anyone lives here. But, from what it looks like with all this dust and cobwebs, I'm getting a pretty good feeling that no one does. I walk down some steps that lead into the basement and try to look around, but it's pitch black. Can't even see my hand right in front of my face.

        I pull out my phone, and click on the flashlight app that I have, illuminating a small path for me. Ugh.. It's twice as dusty and dirty down here than it is upstairs! How old is this damn mansion?? Shaking my head, I make my way through the basement, looking around to see what kind of junk is down here. Then I see a marking on the wall.

        Curious, I walk around some junk strewn across the basement floor and walk over to the wall, trying to get a closer look at what is drawn on the wall. I shine my phone flashlight directly onto the drawing and see... is that a circle with an 'X' drawn in it?? "What the.."  I say, reaching my free hand up to touch it. 

        It feels wet. Like it was freshly drawn in paint. Red? Red paint. Ooooh, this better be red paint!! I look at my fingers. I gasp. "Oh my god!! It IS  blood!!!" I yell, a bit to loudly. Just then, my phone flashlight starts flickering. Startled by the sudden strobelight-ing, I look at it. "What the hell?" I say, tapping my phone on my hand just as it went out. "The battery was fully charged!!"

        Frustrated, I shove my phone back into my pocket and try to find my way back to the stairs.  "Can't see a fuckin' thing.." I mumble grumpily, hands in front to prevent me from running into anything. Half way through the basement, I suddenly can't breathe. Eyes wide, I fall to my knees, gasping for breath. 

        Then I start coughing a deep, hacking cough. 

        Hand on my chest, I look up. Then I see it. The faceless thing with white skin and a black dress suit with a red tie. My chest began to hurt with each cough and I felt like I was dying. I try to get up, but my brain was frozen, not letting me look away from that thing or to get up. Then, the edges of my vision start to get fuzzy and I'm starting to feel dizzy. I feel myself starting to fall over and then....

WHAM

        I wake up on the floor in my hospital room, entangled in all of my blankets. I quickly lift my head, looking around my room for any signs of that faceless thing. Feeling reassured, I unwrap myself from the blankets and stand up. Just then my door opens and I whip myself around.

        "Whoa there! It's just me.." said the doctor who is taking care of me. "I heard something fall and just making sure that everything is alright in here." His eyes glanced at the pile of blankets on the floor.

        I nod slowly, "Yeah. I just fell out of bed, but I'm fine." I put the blankets back on the bed, straitening them out. I turn around and see the doctor still staring at me. "I'm fine! Really!"

        "Alright, alright!" he said, putting his hands up, "Just making sure."

        "Get dressed. I want to start some tests again, but the may take awhile, so the sooner we start the sooner they'll end. I know how much you hate them." the doctor said before shutting the door. Sighing, I walk over to my dresser and pull out a change of clothes to wear.

        "Great," I say, getting dressed, "More tests.."

        I walk out the door and to the room that my tests await me for.

************************************************************************************************************

        A/N: Here is the update that you've been waiting for! I'm having fun writing for you guys and I'm so glad that a few of you actually wanted me to update!! I was getting a little worried there that no one was really commenting on anything. So, feel free to leave me some feedback, preferably nice feedback. Don't forget to vote!! :D